Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just purchased a new 2017 Tri Color AT (manual) a couple of weeks ago! I plan on taking many trips with my brother who rides an F800gs. We're from the Central Valley of California and I've only seen a handful of adventure bikes on the road here. Hoping to come across more and learning about these bikes more and more! Goal is to ride them to Alaska next summer, then my brother will be taking his on a China to Turkey ride in 2020.

Quick question. Is there a way to change my username?

Thanks for the open enrollment! I've already learned a lot from these forums and it's costs me over $100 so far! LoL.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome mate and enjoy the AT.
No idea on changing your name...but I like Kombimonster anyhow lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Still trying to figure out this forum layout lol. I’ve been using the user name for years as I’m an aircooled VW enthusiast. Kombi is type2 (bus).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try a trip to Lee Vining and making a loop of it, then post your report here.
I plan to get a bike in California and explore the Sierras.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome KombiMonster central California is awesome explore the Nevada hi-sierras & enjoy your new adventure bike th AF is awesome ?
Thanks! We’re just waiting for a few more accessories to be finished up for it and we’ll be off for some more exploring!

You can also follow us on Instagram @we_moto

·
Registered
991 Posts
Nice! I love riding in California in general. I think the Africa Twin would be an excellent bike for the varied terrain there. Decent on tours, good trails and goat trail roads on the west, and some good gravel and offroad places to explore. Good luck with your new bike!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! We’re just waiting for a few more accessories to be finished up for it and we’ll be off for some more exploring!

You can also follow us on Instagram @we_moto

Don’t forget to head West. Highway 1 through Northern CA is a great ride....and if your pillion likes wine then Napa and Sonoma Counties are great too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts