Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My Birthday is next week and I have finally pulled the trigger on getting an adventure bike. Been looking and longing for years. My son calls it my midlife crisis, maybe, but don't care. I just picked it up on Saturday after fight trough the zoo that was the local dealer. I have already starting planning out ll the goodies I need/want to add. Wife might need a second job, but I am ok with that, I will be off riding somewhere anyway;)

I am hoping to spend more time off road than on. Only on the road to get to where I really wan to be.

It has been a long time since I have had any kind of motorcycle. Lat on was a '87 350X that I rode into the dirt years ago. I grew up on ATCs. My first was a 185s at the tinder age of 13. Graduated to '84 250R, then a '86 250R. Wish I still had that last one. I have ridden street bikes too. Buddy of mine had a GPZ1100 that I would ride occasionally.

I am looking forward to the places and things I will see and do over the next few years. Hoping I might be able to meet up with some of you on this forum at some point.

Here it is, 2019 AT DCT.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Hi and welcome
BTW a early happy birthday to you.

Reactions: cclark440

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats! Don't you love midlife crisis? I got mine last year, had been wanting one since I was 16 (a while ago... it was the first year it came out). We have the same colors.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Some people say "You're a long time dead" I prefer "You're dead forever".

Spend the boy's inheritance and enjoy every minute you can having a blast and tasting the freedom on that AT

·
Registered
409 Posts
Don't see how its a crisis if you end up with a bike...more of an epiphany!
Happy future birthday and welcome to the AT forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts