Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!

I just bought a new leftover 2017 year model AT. I was wondering what are the VERY first mods I should do? I'm looking to make an ordered list of what is most important and go from there.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Camel ADV footpeg brace. IMS superstock footpegs (xr650l), barkbusters, SW Motech bash plate and crash bars, TKC 80’s

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Hey y'all!

I just bought a new leftover 2017 year model AT. I was wondering what are the VERY first mods I should do? I'm looking to make an ordered list of what is most important and go from there.
Hi and welcome,
Out of the box the AT is good to go on tarmac, dirt/gravel roads new tires would be the choice move.
Single track/trails, protection, protection, protection... there bash plate, upper & lower crash bars, better pegs (and that model, braces) there are quite a few choices in this stuff and should go with your riding style, ca$h flow< and aesthetics.
Then the big $$$$ creature comforts GPS/Sat-nav, panniers, seat (for long rides), tubeless rims, heated hand grips, and the like...

It’s an adventure class bike so there is a good amount of things to add, but I don’t think that any of it HAS to be done,
But then I have a 18 ATAS so I’m not sure about any little mechanical tweaks it could use..

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:laugh: So where are you located, just close will do.
Personally it's a great place to vent, ask, or just relax!.
BTW: Experienced Riders seem the norm.......but I'm Retardddd..er Retired!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up a 2017 AT DCT new old stock...first thing I'm putting on is an OEM center stand, followed by Tusk pannier racks (have some medium Tusk Panniers off another bike). Altrider upper and lower crash bars are the next items on the short list!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Start with cheap and easy: fork shield, center stand and bar risers. Everything else can be added when you find the need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts