Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie, just picked up new manual AT today. Rode 10 miles. I smell the paint burning off. However, both sides of the engine were so hot you could not put your hand on it for more than a second or two. Is it pretty much normal for the clutch housing and the other side to be really hot on an 83 degree day? Thanks!:|

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie, just picked up new manual AT today. Rode 10 miles. I smell the paint burning off. However, both sides of the engine were so hot you could not put your hand on it for more than a second or two. Is it pretty much normal for the clutch housing and the other side to be really hot on an 83 degree day? Thanks!:|
I suspect the "smell of paint burning off" is just new bike smell. I purchased a standard AT today. As long as your oil level is in spec and your temp indicator was 3 bars when you were riding it I wouldn't worry too much. Motorcycles nowadays are incredibly lean from the factory to meet stricter and stricter emissions standards so the sensation that the engine is hot is normal. Plus, during break-in they do produce a bit more heat as all the engine parts get to know each other. Let us know how it goes but I wouldn't worry too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts