Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

New AT owner from Russia

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Helgi 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello to everybody, my name is Dmitry "Helgi", 31, from Moscow, Russia) yesterday have taken brand new black manual AT from dealer... previously, i had the xt660z tenere and goldwing.. and the AT is just a perfect blend of two for me) just WOW what a bike!!!

By the way, if anybody will ride trough the Russia, drop me a line. I have plenty of friends all over the country, so can help with almost any case...or just share a beer or two)))

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Welcome Helgi. You will love your AT. It is just a great and fun motorcycle. I also have a Goldwing for longer trips ( it's still the best long distance touring bike out there) but if the AT had cruise control and a few comfort mod's it would be a really good road bike also. I'm an "old guy" now and I can't do what I used to, (I need the comfort for long days in the saddle), but for the younger guys the AT would be a good all around choice for the do everything bike.

Hmmmmmm......as I sit here and think about it, if I could only have one bike it WOULD be the Africa Twin with DCT.

#7 ·
Welcome aboard Helgi!

Fantastic choice of bike, including the fact it is a black standard transmission, same as mine!

I live on the west coast of Canada, and picked up my bike last week.

Your crash bars look great on your bike. What type of engine and upper crash bars are those?

I'll let you know if I get your way on my AT, host a few brews for sure, eh!!

#12 ·
Last year I've made the long Eurasia trip (moscow to morocco, then trough the central asia to the vladivostok, more than 36000km) on my xt660z tenere.. but i think, that second part of the "ride-around" trip (from Chile to Alaska) i will do on the AT))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.