Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my AT yesterday and I'm really, really excited. My only problem is that I just had knee replacement surgery three weeks ago and it's going to be a couple of weeks until I can ride it but still . . . I just go over to the garage, pull up a chair, open a ***** Modelo, and look at it. I chose the red, white, and blue with gold wheels and Man, it's pretty! Just looking at it for a while and not being able to throw a leg over and take off gives me an appreciation for the fit and finish, the paint, the chrome. It's really a handsome machine.
I live in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, 6500 ft. Up in the mountains of central Mexico and we have some beautiful roads in this area, both paved and dirt. I'm about 50 miles from Leon, where they hold the World Rally Mexico every year and we have those roads to ride. They really manicure the roads every year before the rally so we can explore all these little villages where most gringos never visit. To the east we have the Sierra Gorda mountains and some spectacular roads and scenery.
I'm looking forward to getting some riding done soon and I'm sure this forum will be a valuable resource. If anyone wants info on riding in Mexico, get in touch. I think the riding here, dirt and pavement, is as good or better than any place on earth.
:grin2:
Art

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just received my AT yesterday and I'm really, really excited. My only problem is that I just had knee replacement surgery three weeks ago and it's going to be a couple of weeks until I can ride it but still . . . I just go over to the garage, pull up a chair, open a ***** Modelo, and look at it. I chose the red, white, and blue with gold wheels and Man, it's pretty! Just looking at it for a while and not being able to throw a leg over and take off gives me an appreciation for the fit and finish, the paint, the chrome. It's really a handsome machine.

:grin2:
Art

Love this

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I lived in Atlanta GA most of my life. My wife and I moved to San Miguel 13 years ago and haven't regretted it. Beautiful place, outstanding weather, nice people; what's not to like?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Living in Mexico new AT rrider

Hey Art and all Moto enthusiast!!!!
I am in Jurica, Queretaro and will be ordering my 2017 AT soon!!! Where did you get yours and were you happy with the dealer experience. If you can give me some pointers with my purchase, muchas gracias. When I have mine I will be looking to ride with some fellow travelers. It has been quite awhile since I have had a ride, but I am ready to twist the throttle again. Looking forward to hearing from all. Perhaps a mega Mexico ride in Mexico soon!? Safety in numbers.
Best,
Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
ART????????
Are you still in this forum and still in Mexico?????????????????? I sure could use some advice on your Honda Dealer experience. Also you are only an hour ride away from where I am living, which would be a great excuse to hurry up and get my AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND if I have someone to ride with it will make the wife rest easier, she is from Mexico.
Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts