Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 51 year old living in North Wales in the UK. I Got into bikes in 2008 when I needed a second vehicle for commuting. I started with a Daelim Evolution but once I'd passed my test i upgraded to a Suzuki RF600 sports tourer. I loved the bike but seemed to be jinxed with it as I had a few non fault crashes. The first wrote off my first RF after just a month and smashed my ankle as well. Once healed I went out and bought another RF600 and kept that for a year but. The cage drivers managed to write that off as well (a Land Rover reversed into me and twisted the frame!) As a result I upgraded to a Transalp and I've been riding that adventure bike for a while. I eventually wanted to upgrade to a new one. I tried out a few of the current options (Tiger, AT AS, AT) but decided the AT was the one I liked the best.
Struck a trade in deal of my old Transalp XL700 and got a luggage deal on the AT and I was then the new and proud owner of a 2016 AT with 8910miles on the clock.
'Out with the old'

'In with the new!'

Although I mostly use a bike for commuting I have got some big plans for some European trips, although they may have to wait till next year!
I don't do off road, but that my change if I can get some off road training as I've never properly taken a motorbike off road.
My old Transalp I'd had for 9 years and when I traded her in she had 64,018 miles on the clock. Most of these were commuting miles but I did do quite a few weekend trips around the UK and a big trip through France and Spain of just under 4000 miles! I'm hoping to add similar to this one once I can.
Well happy riding everyone whilst you can :)

Attachments

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,973 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Sounds like fun (when you do get to go) you’ll have to post some pics.

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
Interesting journey so far Batmancaver. Not the most ideal, but you persevered! May the rest of your journey be more memorable, welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your AT acquisition!

·
Registered
2019 CRF1000A
181 Posts
Struck a trade in deal of my old Transalp XL700 and got a luggage deal on the AT and I was then the new and proud owner of a 2016 AT with 8910miles on the clock.
'Out with the old!
'In with the new!'
Nice pic of the Transalp, I had never seen nor heard of that. It looks really nice, and similar (kinda?) to the AT. But after scrolling on down the the AT pic, I immediately thought, "Now, there we go!"

Thanks for the pics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts