Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I traded in my 2020 CBR650RA when the dealer offered me a couple hundred less than what I paid for it brand new. In exchange, I moved up to the bike I always wanted, 2021 Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT. I've been riding dirt bikes for as long as I can remember and always wanted an adventure bike to get a bit of both worlds. I picked it up with 2 miles on it a month ago and I'm already coming up on 400 miles. I've already put on Touratech crash bars and a Givi tank bag. I'm still trying to decide what panniers I want but that doesn't need to be decided until summertime haha.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle brake

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the forum Yukon. How are you liking the DCT?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum Yukon. How are you liking the DCT?
I like it a lot actually, its super nice for general highway cruising and is pretty intuitive to get used to at first. I can count on one hand the number of times I reached for a foot shifter that isn't there.
I guess I will find out how it is off-road when the little bit of snow melts in the summer.

·
Administrator
3,528 Posts
I like it a lot actually, its super nice for general highway cruising and is pretty intuitive to get used to at first. I can count on one hand the number of times I reached for a foot shifter that isn't there.
I guess I will find out how it is off-road when the little bit of snow melts in the summer.
I have actually had a much bigger problem with constantly reaching for the non-existant paddle shifters on my KTM 690 Enduro than I have reaching for the non-existent foot shifter on my DCT ATAS :)

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
514 Posts
I never have a problem when driving the wifes car which is DCT but when I jump back into my Van I always stutter at the first junction as I forget I need to push the clutch in :D

·
Super Moderator
7,687 Posts
I never have a problem when driving the wifes car which is DCT but when I jump back into my Van I always stutter at the first junction as I forget I need to push the clutch in :D
Yeah, I recall that sometimes "steam engine" feel with the olde gear boxes.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,373 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
396 Posts
Lots of the best riding to be had out in CO. Been riding the sw end and love it every time I’m there. Congrats

·
Registered
2018 AT AS DCT
1 Posts
Hey guys, I traded in my 2020 CBR650RA when the dealer offered me a couple hundred less than what I paid for it brand new. In exchange, I moved up to the bike I always wanted, 2021 Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT. I've been riding dirt bikes for as long as I can remember and always wanted an adventure bike to get a bit of both worlds. I picked it up with 2 miles on it a month ago and I'm already coming up on 400 miles. I've already put on Touratech crash bars and a Givi tank bag. I'm still trying to decide what panniers I want but that doesn't need to be decided until summertime haha. View attachment 67852
Just switched from a Harley Fatboy to the Africa Twin. Im in the Denver area!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts