Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting Everyone!

I have just purchased my first real motorcycle. A 2020 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES. No DCT. I chose the White with Red and Blue.

I also chose the matching Arai Africa Twin Helmet (Tour X-4 model).

I will pick up the bike on Saturday.

I signed up for the first riding classes available, and those are December 5, 6, & 7.

Super excited to get into this sport /hobby /lifestyle and look forward to learning from you all! (y)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brother rides a Harley, he said first order of business after personal protection (Helmet, Gloves, Body Armor, etc.) is to get crashbars on there ASAP.

As such, I am heavily leaning toward Outback Motortek.

As I get comfortable on the bike, I'll add the Givi Trekker Outback Luggage in Silver. That will be a while, I believe.

·
Super Moderator
4,070 Posts
My brother rides a Harley, he said first order of business after personal protection (Helmet, Gloves, Body Armor, etc.) is to get crashbars on there ASAP.

As I get comfortable on the bike, I'll add the Givi Trekker Outback Luggage in Silver. That will be a while, I believe.
If you plan to any amount of off road travel, inclusion of upper crash bars appears essential. Lower crash bars is typically a given.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow.. talk about jumping in the deep end! Congrats on the new ride. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? There's a LOT to learn and starting with a big bike is going to be a bit of a challenge.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin Standard
26 Posts
Awesome and congratulations on the new ride. Enjoy, take it slow and have fun you have lots to learn on this great bike.

·
Super Moderator
2,265 Posts
@Bullmoose1776

Hi and welcome...
Whatever you do; Don’t listen or learn from us hoonigan’s we’ll just get you in trouble...Just so you know, what kind of things look out for. That reported incident of me doing 113mph on a gravel road, was not witnessed nor can it be proven in a court of law, but that aside, please do not try that at home - as a matter of fact - not only don’t try that at home but don’t try that anywhere else either..
Like I said be careful of just what you are learning from us....

·
Super Moderator
4,070 Posts
@Bullmoose1776

Hi and welcome...
Whatever you do; Don’t listen or learn from us hoonigan’s we’ll just get you in trouble...Just so you know, what kind of things look out for. That reported incident of me doing 113mph on a gravel road, was not witnessed nor can it be proven in a court of law, but that aside, please do not try that at home - as a matter of fact - not only don’t try that at home but don’t try that anywhere else either..
Like I said be careful of just what you are learning from us....
Definitely was @AT-Dragon says.

Last week I cruised at about 329 km/h over a frozen lake in far northern Quebec without studs on OEM tires. Don't believe everything you read.

·
Super Moderator
2,265 Posts
@DoubleThumper
I’ve done a YZ125 on ice no studs, lol , that was a blast. Ice is not to big an issue as long as you don’t lean and don’t even think of touching the front brake. Now wet clay, even I’m smart enough to stay off wet clay.

·
Registered
562 Posts

Barkbusters first. Crash bars and Bash plate 2nd.
I like and have severely tested SW Motech crash bars & bash plate, barkbusters, and touratech pannier mount racks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts