Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Congrats!

I've been using Michelin Pilot Trail tires for the roadability and it's a street tire. I ride gravel and occasionally tracks but need the street performance to go off on longer adventures.I've currently got them on my big pig Varadero and have got (17,000 + kilometres). I just take it easy and slow down.

I've also used Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires and they are a good street and light duty offroad/gravel tire (around 9-10,000 kilometres).

For more 50/50, I've used the Heidenau K60 Scout and TKC80 which leans to more offroad but are okay on pavement. Heidenau last a long time (12,000 kilometres), TKCs not so much (about 6,000).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yes. The Heidenau was very hard rubber. They were a bear to mount. I did a 80km/h powerslide once by accident and unexpectedly. I tend to go pretty slow off-road, not push my luck and not push the limits of the bike, thus the Pilot Road Trail 4. I'd rather have the road tire and sacrifice on the off-road. There's lot of choices. The other tire I'd like to try is the Mitas brand that makes all kind of 50/50, 60/40, 20/80 mixes for anything you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.