Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I am Todd from Texas, call me Tex. I have owned and ridden many bikes since 1982. I was waiting for Honda to make the move in the adventure market. So I knew in Sept 2015 when I read an magazine article I had to see this bike. I went to a Dallas Bike Show to see the bike in person on display. I put my name on the waiting list like others.

The bike came in and I took my test ride, came back, close the deal, loaded it up and took it home. I originally wanted the Factory Honda stuff to go with the bike. My dealer parts manager said, you might like this Touratech Line of Parts be have better. I went home and studied all the options of manuactures and the different mounting with protection coverage. I bought their Garmin GPS mount, iPhone Mount, Headlight Protector, Kick Stand Foot Pad, Rear Luggage Rack, Panniers, Disc Brake Cover Protector, Tank Bag, Skid Plate, and I have no regrets. Totally Happy! I overnighted SW Motec Hand crash Guards to Colorado "Touratech does not make them yet". After returning home, some jurk backed into my bike and I walked out of Starbuck to find my bike on its side. Broken tail light lens from the vehicle laying next to my bike and the fall broke the Plastic Hand Gaurds that cover the Aluminum Bar Guards and Scuffed the Black Lower Protector on my left Pannier. It was laying on the Pannier and Hand Guard when I walked out. I ordered the replacement Protector for the Touratech 30.00 bucks, no other damage to them. However, the plastic hand covers, 100.00 buck! Barkbuster makes these for SW Motech, and I took a chance and ordered the Storm Hand covers replacements and they fit my bars! 42.00. My only regret is these SW Motech hand guards with cheesy plastic hand covers.

My old 16 year old XR650R, had Rally Pro Hand Guards, and they never broke when I fell down.

I called my guy at Honda and went and picked up all the stuff they hand in stock, ordered more they did not. I am All in, I said..

Here are shots of the Touratech bike and my bike.

I just ordered Touratech Extreme Suspension front and rear for this bike.

I took my bike to Colorado after I got 600 miles on the road locally. We rode there off road for 600 plus miles. I sure found the weakess of the suspension there.

I put on the Continental 60/40 off road tires for my trip to Colorado. Once I returned I put the stock tires back on.

I owned 5 bikes, sold 3 and bought this new one. So I have 3 now. Having a tire changer machine sure makes changing tires a lot easier. Doing my GL1800 Goldwing tires, it is a must!

I hope you all are enjoying your bike as much as I am. I just ordered the the Touratech Suspension, and Honda Center Stand, 12V Power Plug and Heated Hand Grips.

The only gripe I really have with the bike, No easy helmet lockable solution. I have considered a Touratech upper case pannier, but still on the fence about that. My dealer has one ordered, but it has been on backorder for a while. I sure like to see one in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Tex,
Sounds like your having fun both kitting your bike out and riding it round that big country of yous, except for that jerk in the car park.
I just love my bike especially when I get it on the dirt,,, yeeehaaa!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts