Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the 1998 Triumph Tiger and picked up a black manual Africa Twin on Friday. The day involved a flight a ferry and 170Km ride home. I need to work on the wind protection around 100Kph and above my helmet was getting buffeted pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice. I'm 6' and was surprised how well the windscreen worked compared to my Buell and Aprilia with their large after-market windscreens.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi OU812, there is something u can do,
check this clip on you tube.

If it doesn't work try typing in this string.

africa twin helmet vibration fix youtube

Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome OU812,

I saw your bike sitting in the showroom at Courtenay Motorsports!

I have the exact same bike as you, same colour, etc and have been having a blast on it the past few months.

Dave in Courtenay- cell number 250-703-6366

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome OU812,

I saw your bike sitting in the showroom at Courtenay Motorsports!

I have the exact same bike as you, same colour, etc and have been having a blast on it the past few months.

Dave in Courtenay- cell number 250-703-6366
Small world !

How long have you had yours and did you get it from Courtenay ?

I have known Scott and Stew before they moved to the island they get all my business. I gave them a deposit October 24th and wasn't expecting one until the spring less than two weeks from deposit to delivery.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi OU812, there is something u can do,
check this clip on you tube.

If it doesn't work try typing in this string.

africa twin helmet vibration fix youtube

Cheers
I did see this on youtube and tried holding my glove over that area while riding and it didn't make much difference if I duck a few inches the buffetting stops so I might try a taller screen or an extension / lip thingy. I have a helmet with a peak so that probably doesn't help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts