Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. I just Picked up my new Honda Africa twin adventure sport this week. It's a bit too tall for me and I just found out that there is a lower seat available. Has anyone purchased the lower seat?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello Everyone. I just Picked up my new Honda Africa twin adventure sport this week. It's a bit too tall for me and I just found out that there is a lower seat available. Has anyone purchased the lower seat?
Yes, I purchased the "intermediate" seat - I think it's 30mm lower and it does make a difference. There is also a "low" seat which I think is 30mm lower than the intermediate.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i bought the lower seat option, i can tip toe, but it gets very uncomfortable after 30 miles.

i rode prolly only 600 miles, but it still is a pain in the butt.

i'm gonna try buying the Touratech Low seat option when i can find the cash for it.

cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive got the low seat and agree after 200 miles it can be a bit sore ive bought a gel seat pad to try over the top of it doesn't increase the height by much just haven't ridden with it yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
The ATAS seat is actually the high seat that was allready available for the '16 -'17 bikes.
Different colour offcourse.
The seats of the '16-'17 are interchangeable with the ATAS, so you can try the seat of any other AT before you buy one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The ATAS seat is actually the high seat that was allready available for the '16 -'17 bikes.
Different colour offcourse.
The seats of the '16-'17 are interchangeable with the ATAS, so you can try the seat of any other AT before you buy one.

That's handy to know,thanks.

:smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts