Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted on another thread I was so very lucky to swoop up a new AT rally red on Saturday when the person who was first in line declined and wanted a silver. I wasn't' expecting to buy a bike this weekend, but well, it happened.

I'm around SF, and I'm SO BUMMED that I won't get a chance to ride my bike since it's not set up yet and we leave on Tuesday for IOM TT! Well, we're doing IRE first for a week, so the dealership will be babysitting the bike and getting it set up with the accessory port, hand warmers, center stand and they ordered a low seat.

I need some crash bars and I'll be ready to roll! I'm also looking for more sleek panniers that hold a helmet, I'm scared enough to split with this thing after my KTM Duke 690.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I went to the TT quite a few years ago and to anybody who hasn't been, if you get the chance, go. It's the best motorcycling event bar none...provided you get good weather. The atmosphere, the people, the pubs, the racing...awesome!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congratulations - and welcome to the Africa Twin! Had mine for a couple of months now, and loving it!! Sold a GS1150 and Husky Terra to make room for the AT DCT, and have no regrets! Let us know if you find a "sleek" pannier that will hold a helmet - now there's an oxymoron;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations - and welcome to the Africa Twin! Had mine for a couple of months now, and loving it!! Sold a GS1150 and Husky Terra to make room for the AT DCT, and have no regrets! Let us know if you find a "sleek" pannier that will hold a helmet - now there's an oxymoron;-)
Yeah yeah :wink2:

To be fair, the HyperStrada bags are way smaller, and hold a darn helmet. And I swear I saw one that zips to expand before... but of course I'll never find it again nor will I be able to put it on this bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the twin :D

What other bikes were you considering before going the Africa Twin route?
I was going to buy the Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP when I got back from my trip to be fair. I was also looking at the BMW F800GS but it was a bit boring. Safe and such. Heh. This kind of landed in my lap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I drove my cage the other day and I saw another Red AT in SF in the Howard St Garage by Embarcadero! I'm not alone! I made a call not to be super creepy and leave a note, husband approved but now I feel like I lost out on a new friend. I have weird social skills, hah!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is kind of a really cool cult / club we are fortunate to belong to. I haven't passed another AT while riding, but Ive gotten double takes and thumbs up from other riders. I guess we can enjoy the minor celebrity until production and deliveries resume.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A belated welcome to the Golden State! Awesome work swooping up that opportunity! I'm up here in Benicia, but I lived in Half Moon Bay for a few years, so I'm (minimally) familiar with that area. I used to love to ride 86 up from the coast, pose at Alices (Hey, I was a newbie! But I had SPIDI 1-piece leathers to match the bike), then head up to 4 corners. I've gotta get back down that way. Hope to see you around!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in San Mateo but commute up to SF a few times a week. It's been great on the AT so far!
Might as well take a trip over to Yosemite National Park. :) I just bought my AT in September, and I live in Fresno, so a Yosemite ride definitely needs to be arranged!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts