Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd take 5 minutes to say hello to all fellow AT riders. My Christmas present came early and I took the opportunity to take her for a fang around the Adelaide Hills yesterday. A beautiful sunny 29 degrees, apologies to everyone in the Northern Hemisphere for mentioning sunshine, and quiet roads, it was a great opportunity to become acquainted with my new ride. I came off an MV Agusta Brutale so something of a change and to further mix things up, my AT is the DCT model. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I overcame the urge to reach for the clutch, if I'm honest I only thought about it when starting the bike. Once mobile it wasn't an issue.

My bike is a 2016, first registered by the original owner December last year. He managed to do 250 or so kms on it in a year, yes, that's not a misprint. The dealer I bought the bike from commented that his demo had seen more use. Even better, the original purchaser had Touratech crash bars fitted along with an OEM centre stand, taller screen, heated grips, auxiliary socket and an Arrow slip on muffler.

The only problem I've encountered so far is that the grips won't turn off unless I switch the ignition off, the dealer will submit a warranty claim with Honda and hopefully sort it at the first service.

Looking forward to many happy hours of riding.

Ride safe everyone.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats man they sure are good. I have a rally red manual over near pinnaroo in the mallee on vic border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
i feel for you....29 degrees C and the heated grips are stuck ON...... who turned them on in the 1st place? 0:)

Enjoy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who even fitted them??
Well in my defence, having read about the issues some owners were having with the heated grips my curiosity got the better of me so I thought I'd see how they compared to GS's I've owned in the past. I certainly have no complaints about the temperature they put out.

All of the options were fitted by the dealer prior to sale and come the middle of our Winter they will be very welcome. We'll never see snow and ice in the city but warm fingers make for better control than frozen ones and I've ridden through enough Winters in the UK in the seventies to never want to experience that again :eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forecast for late next week - guess I won't be needing the heated grips.........
Friday 5 January SummaryMin 17Max 37C Sunny.
Adelaide area Very hot and sunny.
Saturday 6 January SummaryMin 24Max 41C Very hot and sunny.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Forecast for late next week - guess I won't be needing the heated grips.........
Friday 5 January SummaryMin 17Max 37C Sunny.
Saturday 6 January SummaryMin 24Max 41C Very hot and sunny.
Too hot for me....give me 8-12C anyday

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Sundodger,

I've spent many happy hours exploring the roads around the Adelaide Hills, & further afield. It's a great area to ride.

I've just moved to Victoria, so lotsa new tracks to find.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love Sydney but couldn't deal with the traffic any more. Lived there in 94 as a newly arrived pom, bought a CB900 and commuted into North Sydney on it, was immediately christened a 'temporary Australian' by the other guys at work! Says it all really.

Love Adelaide, for a city it feels more like a sleepy town and you are right, some great riding within 30 minutes of the CBD where I live.

I rode Cudlee Creek and Gorge Roads on Christmas Day, first 'proper' ride on the AT since buying her and hopefully many more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts