Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all from the top end of Australia 馃嚘馃嚭 I have a 2020 crf 1100 ATAS dct es very happy with the bike going well with 1653 km on the clock it started to do the fuel filter blocked symptoms only once. Today I cleaned the tank and replaced the Honda fuel filter with full Guglatech filter system. Thanks for the information on this site.
WOW 馃槷 what a mess in there ,very disappointed with Honda. I spoke to the dealer up here and they were happy for me to put better filters on the bike. so beware and clean you tank or get it looked at
Cheers and Beers 馃嵑

Super Moderator
Hey, welcome to the Forum @Sos Nt.

So the Honda dealership is happy you are doing the work on the tank 馃槈, or they approve of the work you are doing to the tank? (or both?)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Double thumper
the dealer was happy for me to install filters and clean the tank . I asked about warranty, And I quote as it is over what Honda is Fitting in the tank it鈥檚 ok (time will tell if I make a claim) They were interested in getting the Guglatech filters in the shop for the bikes in outback Australia as the service person said 80% of running problems are with blocked fuel filters/bad fuel
Cheers
Sos

Super Moderator
Hi and welcome

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hi At Thanks
l would like to thank all of the people who contribute to this site and all the good information and recommendations. I got my 1100 ATAS well knowing of the tank and filter problems got the parts to hopefully fix it in time馃! Anyway the bike is running better than ever today after the filter change and even from cold Start hardly any pump noise just a click when up to pressure 馃憤馃徎( still very disappointed 馃槥 have to do this to a new bike)
I will be contacting Honda
Keep up the good work everyone and enjoy riding your bikes
Cheers

Premium Member
Hi all from the top end of Australia 馃嚘馃嚭 I have a 2020 crf 1100 ATAS dct es very happy with the bike going well with 1653 km on the clock it started to do the fuel filter blocked symptoms only once. Today I cleaned the tank and replaced the Honda fuel filter with full Guglatech filter system. Thanks for the information on this site.
WOW 馃槷 what a mess in there ,very disappointed with Honda. I spoke to the dealer up here and they were happy for me to put better filters on the bike. so beware and clean you tank or get it looked at
Cheers and Beers 馃嵑
Hi Sos NT - new member here from Sydney. I am taking delivery of my ATAS DCT ES next week - I was very surprised to see your comments about fuel filters - I didn鈥檛 even know it was a thing. Should I be getting on to the dealer prior to delivery to clean the tank? And should i be ordering after-market filters now? - Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Sos NT - new member here from Sydney. I am taking delivery of my ATAS DCT ES next week - I was very surprised to see your comments about fuel filters - I didn鈥檛 even know it was a thing. Should I be getting on to the dealer prior to delivery to clean the tank? And should i be ordering after-market filters now? - Thanks
Hi there and welcome if the dealer would do that that would be the go I or maybe at the first service l have some photos If you like ? The Guglatech filters are a excellent idea I think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts