Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I am joining in advance of buying an AT as a way of better understanding them before purchase. I have 3 bikes (2 hondas) and aim to run up 300,000 km on my ST1100 before retiring it.

I am interested in this forum based on the modifications people are willing to undertake. That is always a good sign.

Regards Gazzman

·
Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
97 Posts
Hi All,
I am joining in advance of buying an AT as a way of better understanding them before purchase. I have 3 bikes (2 hondas) and aim to run up 300,000 km on my ST1100 before retiring it.

I am interested in this forum based on the modifications people are willing to undertake. That is always a good sign.

Regards Gazzman
Welcome Gazzman! You have come to the right place to learn about the AT.

·
Super Moderator
2,398 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, I am really enjoying going through threads on 19/17 inch wheels at the moment. An interesting option to spread the usability of the AT further.

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin DCT in stealth black (non-Adventure Sports)
22 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was also considering the 19/17" wheel conversions as I'm not tall, and ride 100% street/touring, but after a few hundred miles, it's an expense I just don't need. I'm very happy with my 21" wheel with a street-bias tire. Consider getting the bike and riding it a bit before doing the conversion - you may save thousand dollars or more!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi TourerInDC. I am interested in 19/17 inch wheels for what it tells you about the ABS/ TC controllability with different tyres (heights and widths).

Being 196cm tall its not a height issue.

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin DCT in stealth black (non-Adventure Sports)
22 Posts
I am interested in 19/17 inch wheels for what it tells you about the ABS/ TC controllability with different tyres (heights and widths).
You’re absolutely right that the tire choices expand with the smaller wheels. If you go this route, post your experience. I can’t afford to, but I’ll be envious! A few people in the forum have made the conversion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts