Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ATAS ES DCT and a few more
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully the post will go this time. Last time I tried to post here it said I couldn’t start a new thread.

I am new here but not to riding. Been riding over 50 years now. Owned well over 100 motorcycles and have about 12 in the garage at the moment. I seem to gravitate toward ADV bikes and Supermotards. I also love twins, triples and sixes. Current ADV bikes in the stable are ‘16 S1000XR, ’18 ATAS DCT and ’18 1260 Multistrada S.

I sort of follow the premise "horses for courses". So while I ride as much as I can, that has been hampered on the ATAS by getting 2 flat tires in less than 500 miles. I haven’t had 2 flat tires in the last 20 years of riding and I tend to ride about 30k miles a year. So as soon as I have some free time I am converting the AT to tubeless tires. Can’t wait to get in a few more miles on the AT try some nice fireroads and trails near me. I am always looking for new people to ride with so if you pass through the area send me a PM and maybe can connect to go riding.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS ES DCT and a few more
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to have someone near by. Just moved here so would be interested in knowing some nice areas to take the AT. Also would love to hear more about the approach you took and what tires you used? Mine currently has a flat rear and deciding what to do at the moment. I usually only have the weekends to ride so would rather be riding than wrenching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts