Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome from the other side of the world, :) how do you like your new toy so far ?
I couldn't be more happy with it.

Just after picking it up from the dealer it fell to the ground (on the wet spot, while lifting off) :| I had to glue left handguard and straighten handlebars (on the risers).

How's yours? How many km you did on it? DCT?

·
Registered
312 Posts

Just after picking it up from the dealer it fell to the ground (on the wet spot, while lifting off) :| I had to glue left handguard and straighten handlebars (on the risers).

I've now done 8500kl about 6000 on the dirt, love it, love it, but be careful, it can bite you hard, as I found out, a lot of power and a lot of weight to pull-up if your to hot into a corner, see my other POSTS.
Enjoy my friend. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've now done 8500kl about 6000 on the dirt, love it, love it, but be careful, it can bite you hard, as I found out, a lot of power and a lot of weight to pull-up if your to hot into a corner, see my other POSTS.
Enjoy my friend. :)
Thanks for the tip.

I will, I really felt very confident on my previous bike Yamaha MT03 2008, but now after the fall I really need to learn the Africa, I know it.

I felt quite confident on AT DCT while test ride few months ago, now it gave me things to think about.

Be safe!

·
Registered
77 Posts

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear you've dropped it already. There is a company in Poland called Heed who make protection bars for our bikes and I wondered if you had heard of them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear you've dropped it already. There is a company in Poland called Heed who make protection bars for our bikes and I wondered if you had heard of them
I didn't know them! Thanks Dave, how do you know them?
How many km did you already do on your AT? Is it DCT?

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is also a Polish company called Holan who make bars as well.
I went for the manual and have only had it for a week. Managed a run last weekend but the weather here is pretty awful. Looking forward to spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts