Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long a wait and what (color and gearbox) are you waiting for? SF Moto? That's the only Honda dealer in SF I can think of. They show a red DCT in stock.
Buying from Berkeley, known the owner there for a while.

Getting a manual transmission, either tri-color or red, depends on whether I like the tri-color in real life, and also which one shows up first!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think a DCT would be handy in SF? All those hills and constant traffic headaches?
I suppose, but I'm not sold. Kinda seems like a solution looking for a problem to me, although I did like the 'paddle shift' mode. But I'm cheap, so I'm getting the manual.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I suppose, but I'm not sold. Kinda seems like a solution looking for a problem to me, although I did like the 'paddle shift' mode. But I'm cheap, so I'm getting the manual.
DCT was what drew me to the AT, so there was no choice for me. Left arm injury, and I needed to get to work. Which I guess highlights one of its advantages--easier to ride with left limb injuries. Not the first time I've had to ride with one, and it could always happen again.

I also like Tricolor and Red, though given a choice I'd go Tricolor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tricolor it is.. First manual '17 at the dealer is a tricolor, and my name's on that one.. The red would be another month.

I have to wait two months as it is, ship date is 3/28.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in SF and work right down the street from SF MOTO.
I have the 2016 Red / White DCT and love it especially for these city streets and lane splitting on the Bay Bridge.
I was in Concord Power Sports last weekend and they had my exact bike that was still available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just put a deposit on a 2017 Tri Color DCT. Atlanta dealer in Roswell says delivery 1st week of April. Fingers crossed. Getting off the ole heavy cruiser bike and back into adventure biking. Excited!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, off riding DV for 6 days...

I was told that according to Honda computers there are no red manuals left in CA.. so I gave up and will wait for my '17! 3/28 ship date...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another new member here from CA. I'm as far south as you can get in our state however.

QQ, I keep hearing the tri-color (RWB or HRC colors) are not coming to the USA but the Honda North America motorsports website allows you to pick the RWB color variation.

What gives? Is this coming here or are they just teasing us again?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another new member here from CA. I'm as far south as you can get in our state however.
Chula Vista?

I keep hearing the tri-color (RWB or HRC colors) are not coming to the USA but the Honda North America motorsports website allows you to pick the RWB color variation.

What gives? Is this coming here or are they just teasing us again?
It's coming. I should have mine in six weeks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts