Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
I'm waiting for the 2017 AT's to arrive before I buy mine. This is a great forum to learn more about the bike. Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good to have another Aussie on here I'm waiting to take delivery of my 9/16 Red ABS model hopefully this week! I'm from SA/VIC border in northwest Victorian Mallee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want the tri colour DCT. Hopefully 2017 models arrive soon. I've just sold my KTM 690 SMCR so I'll have to get used to the extra weight.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You Will indeed, any particular reason for the change to the AT? I'm coming off a CRF450x so I'm also going to have to get used to the weight and the more docile delivery of the big Dual Sport.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I loved the 690 but I saw it's limitations. Great fun just to go to work on but had no carrying capacity, uncomfortable and small fuel range. I used to have a CRF450X but couldn't use the power off road. It's a weapon. I now have a KTM 350 Freeride for off road.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yea I can understand that, our main riding conditions around here are Deep dry Sand and that saps power my 450 is uncorked piped jetted and cammed and I still find places I could use an extra few HP but in singletrack it's a bit much for most mere mortals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts