Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Morning all.

I‘m super excited to be taking delivery of a 2019 Black CRF1000L DCT next week, and to becoming an active member of this forum. I traded up from an NC750X DCT.
Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle Fuel tank

It comes with the Honda luggage pack, centre stand and Oxford heated grips. So not too much to do, but some mods required which will be fun. My last bike which I sold in 1996 was an Africa Twin, 750 I recall. Bought the NC two weeks ago as I’d read it was the perfect bike to get back on the road. Well it did the job and within days I wanted more power / comfort (I’m 6.2) and general capability, hence the CRF. Planning a trip across Spain in Oct and over to Ibiza.

Attachments

·
July 2022 ROTM Winner
529 Posts
Nice, and welcome.

If you need any suggestions re: places to visit in Spain, let me know.......although, judging by your Handle I would imagine you already know them? 😄

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for your kind words. I’m thinking I might remove the silver side panels on the luggage and get them wrapped with a carbon fibre effect vinyl. Thoughts?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Morning all.

I‘m super excited to be taking delivery of a 2019 Black CRF1000L DCT next week, and to becoming an active member of this forum. I traded up from an NC750X DCT. View attachment 73566
It comes with the Honda luggage pack, centre stand and Oxford heated grips. So not too much to do, but some mods required which will be fun. My last bike which I sold in 1996 was an Africa Twin, 750 I recall. Bought the NC two weeks ago as I’d read it was the perfect bike to get back on the road. Well it did the job and within days I wanted more power / comfort (I’m 6.2) and general capability, hence the CRF. Planning a trip across Spain in Oct and over to Ibiza.
ANOTHER BLACK ONE!! HA HA HA!! LOVE IT. 😬

·
July 2022 ROTM Winner
529 Posts
Nice, is this your bike? Panniers look great. What is the tank bag?
Yes it is mine, I vinyl wrapped the aluminium panels with a wrapping kit from Amazon and vinyl from ebay…..about £20 in total, and I am pretty pleased with the results. Not as good as being painted but much cheaper and not a big deal if they get scratched.

the tank bag is the Touratech Ambato, great bit of kit for carrying documents / snacks / drinks / spare gloves etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is mine, I vinyl wrapped the aluminium panels with a wrapping kit from Amazon and vinyl from ebay…..about £20 in total, and I am pretty pleased with the results. Not as good as being painted but much cheaper and not a big deal if they get scratched.

the tank bag is the Touratech Ambato, great bit of kit for carrying documents / snacks / drinks / spare gloves etc.

That’s a great job you’ve done with the panniers. Looks like a mat vinyl to match the paintwork? It says you’re based in Manchester. Coincidentally my new bike is coming from a dealer near Manchester (Adamsons in Northwich) I note you’ve not added crash bars. I’m debating whether to or not. Reading lots of horror stories about them going over and I recall dropping mine back in the 90’s a good few times. Do you suggest a separate thread for that question? Thanks

·
July 2022 ROTM Winner
529 Posts
@El Gato Malo - Yes the vinyl is a matt finish but with a slight silk tint to it, I think all matt is hard to keep clean and full on gloss is a bit too showie for the bike…..if that makes sense?

Crash bars - There are plenty of threads on here about bars, so check out a search before you ask I would say? 😆
I personally took the decision not to fit them as most of my riding would be on road and it didn’t warrant the extra weight and cost. I fitted a very good sump guard which doubles as an engine casing protector (the fragile bits in a crash), should the unthinkable happen…..I have dropped the bike but at standstill, the sump guard did it’s job, even the pillion pegs helped but I would say better handguards are more important as mine did nothing to protect the levers. I ended up swapping out the levels for adjustable/folding levers as I couldn’t fit Barkbusteers due to the throttle lock I had retrofitted. If it goes for a nap again, I hope the levers just fold up and not snap.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,162 Posts
Hi and welcome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts