Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After hanging around and reading a few posts, thought I formally join in and introduce myself. I'm not yet a AT owner but am considering either a 2018 Honda AT Adventure Sport or a 2019 Honda CRF450L (when released in the fall). I'm 57 (6'3"/225 lbs) and been riding since I was 10, but have been "bike-less" for the past 6 years. Most of my riding will be exploring the many hard packed gravel/dirt roads here in southern Arizona. I've leaning towards the CRF450L due to it's lighter weight and more agile handling. It would also allow me to tackle a few of the more primitive "jeep trail" type roads I encounter high up in the mountains. The trouble is that most of the roads I want to explore are separated by long stretches of hardtop (20 to 50 miles). The thought of droning along the highway on the "little" CRF (and it's limited fuel capacity) now has me considering the AT. I believe the AT might be a better "fit" all around...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Tough to compare the AT against the 450, totally different machines and strength/weaknesses. Maybe buy both and sell the one you like less :smile2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts