Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member from the UK, had my twin for almost a few year now, it's manily used for off road, narrow green lanes so has taken a beating but solid bike.

Painted yellow as it's cheaper than having to replace a panel in the original ballistic black.

Bar the uasal crash protection I've removed the park brake and have a hydraulic park brake instead.

James

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's a bike with real "patina"!
Please tell us more about the hydraulic parking brake.
How have the bars performed? (Outback Motortek?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patina! Yea that's one way to describe it, the crash bars are outback motorteck and they are brilliant, very sturdy and strong.

It's a dct so has a park brake, it's OK but wanted a left hand set up, I removed the mechanical park brake completely, and added a push lock button to the hydraulic master cylinder, it works the same as the mechanical, pull and push to engage park brake and to release pull lever and the button will pop up releasing the lever.

Vehicle Automotive tire Off-roading Motor vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
111 Posts
DCT off-road

It's a dct so has a park brake, it's OK but wanted a left hand set up
Thanks for the details about the brake. Reassured to hear that you've given your DCT plenty of use off-road, as I have plans to do the same with mine.

That trail in the photo looks like it could be the Dales?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts