Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a garaged 2016 AT manual and it has maybe 27 miles on it. Looking to get on it. Toolbox allen screw heads all stripped out and need extracting which i never did b4.
I used to ride a KTM Duke 2001 and a Yamaha TW 200

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Duke3. What's the story with a nearly brand new 2016 AT? Owner never rode it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes $hame on me...
Been paying on ot since new but when i went to mount pigtails on the battery For the tender I gound the soft allen head screws that cover the empty toolbox bracket both stripped out easily as they were immovable.

I never did screw extraction b4 .
also with the nose dive on braking I was uneasy riding without crash bars and also got new tires. But both have not been mounted. I have had other things to do but now the truck is acting up so I need a new battery ....possible siphon out old gas if i have to ...etc...

FLAME AWAY I DESERVE IT&@&@&@/$

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Yes $hame on me...
Been paying on ot since new but when i went to mount pigtails on the battery For the tender I gound the soft allen head screws that cover the empty toolbox bracket both stripped out easily as they were immovable.

I never did screw extraction b4 .
also with the nose dive on braking I was uneasy riding without crash bars and also got new tires. But both have not been mounted. I have had other things to do but now the truck is acting up so I need a new battery ....possible siphon out old gas if i have to ...etc...

FLAME AWAY I DESERVE IT&@&@&@/$
Try these they usually work pretty good...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SpeedO...153458705221?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Well I’d say go cheap and a battery tender since you don’t seem to ride it much or if you plan on riding a lot spend the cash on a lithium..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts