Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there, nice bike. I'm over here in Benicia and always looking to ride. I was granted my Xmas wish of an Africa Twin, alas it wont be in to Mach 1Motorsports until the end of the month. I'd love to chat with you some time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just logged the first 300 miles on my bike (16 DCT) , I have only been riding it for 3 days. Unfortunately there are some big storms coming in all next week. Might not ride it for a few days.
I've been riding for over 30 years and thought WTF let's give this DCT things a try. Everyone seems to really like it. Well I'm glad I did. It's a blast to ride. I like the S3 setting with the D button pressed in.
How did those stock tires hold up in the dirt? I'd be Leary from all I read.
What part of No. Cal do you live ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just did 250 mile ride San Rafael to soda bay, Clearlake. Clear and cold road burn. I work in SF. Own home on the lake.I bought my DCT site un seen. Love this bike. Can't wait to get real moto tires on her. I need to get crash bars! So far best bike ever.....next to my Grom. Making switch from Ktm to red.......feels nice. 2 perfect days on hwy1 and nice day going up 101. The first 500 miles and I know I made a great decision.
Looking forward to meeting others for rides,travels and events. This spring is going to be killer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just logged the first 300 miles on my bike (16 DCT) , I have only been riding it for 3 days. Unfortunately there are some big storms coming in all next week. Might not ride it for a few days.
I've been riding for over 30 years and thought WTF let's give this DCT things a try. Everyone seems to really like it. Well I'm glad I did. It's a blast to ride. I like the S3 setting with the D button pressed in.
How did those stock tires hold up in the dirt? I'd be Leary from all I read.
What part of No. Cal do you live ?
Live San Rafael, have house on Clearlake ride penny pines. Let's ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sure,
I work in SF. Commute from Concord.
My parents have a place on Clearlake in Lucern.
It is still storming and I have the stock Dunlops, which freak me out on wet roads. Until I change them I will stick to dry roads.
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts