Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

After sitting on the new AT at the bike show in Feb, I became obsessed with getting one to hit the back roads. Having owned a Varadero prior as well as the Rubicon quad and an ATC200 back in 1980, I know the quality and reliability of Honda. I've owned a couple Yamaha and the BMW 1200 GSA in the past - lets just say I will never buy anything other than Honda. It gets you home and this AT gives you a fantastic ride.

Added the Honda top case and was planning to get the same panniers but after reading some reviews, I decided to go for the Lone Rider semi-rigid bags. Currently waiting for the company to come out with their rack system for the AT. I can't say enough about Lone Rider's customer service - top notch!
Added the Honda engine guards as a first level of protection. As the 2020 was not yet sold in some countries that makes accessories, it was hard to find a good crash bar system. Looked at a few and I think I will hold out for AltRider when it debuts later this summer. Added a Givi XS320 tank bag and purchased a set of Heidenau K60's for my first tire change, previous experience taught me these are no brainers. Next modification is an upgrade to the seat. Stay tuned.

First ride through the foothills of Alberta on the Forestry Trunk road was reassurance this is the perfect bike for that environment. It's just brilliant on gravel roads. Signed up for an OffRoad course in a couple weeks.

Thanks to everyone who posts on this forum - lots of knowledge and experience shared. Hope I can add to the great discussions.

bike mtns3.JPG

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Super awesome Kevo. Welcome to all that is the AT Forum.

I have the lower AltRider solution for the '19 AT. I chose it for its robustness, simple clean design, does not impede access to essential bike components, and it won't rust, especially when scraped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Double Thumper! They are very thoughtful in their design and their construction after watching their videos - explained very well and I like how they talk about the inferiority of other designs without calling out specific competitors. Classy. Seems to be the strongest on the market. Considering their skid plate too but I'm adding a fair bit of weight to the bike. Might need to give myself a diet. lol

·
Super Moderator
1,746 Posts
Hi and welcome too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts