Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon All,

Been lurking a while on here reading the good and bad about the Africa Twin. I've just put my deposit down on a AT AS DCT E/S 2021 model and hopefully picking it up next week. Cant recommend James at John Banks Honda in Bury St Edmunds enough, answered lots of my questions with out complaint and didn't use hard sales tactics but also had the right amount of contact big thumbs up (knocks the socks off my two local dealers)

Currently on a VFR800 will be sad to see her go been a lovely bike but just wanted something more upright and the DCT won me over.

anyway sure ill be around asking lots of questions and hopefully helping other owners out as I do like to fiddle with my bike/car.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @Sliveredge I almost bought a VFR800 some years ago... Wish I had. You'll love the Africa Twin. Welcome!
Thank you, I had a 3 hour test ride last week and can say not one ache or pain after spending that time on it. if i had the money and space the VFR would not be going, it never fails to put a smile on my face for about 45 minutes lol

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,124 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
2021 Africa Twin AS
53 Posts
Always bittersweet when one bike out and one bike in. But welcome to the AT party! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Defo no chance of you making the space ??

that’s a nice VFR & as they say once it’s gone, it’s gone. One of my mates is tight for space & he has his 2 bikes in side ways. Uses this trolly jack (plus he said at time better 1/2 day gutting the garage to find space than getting rid of a bike

·
Premium Member
1998 Valkyrie, 2017 Africa Twin, 2002 Vulcan, 2007 KLR, 1970 550 Suzuki L
137 Posts
Sliveredge welcome aboard. Nice bike. You will love the A.T. .
Enjoy the Ride
Ruff Rider

1 - 13 of 13 Posts