Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I started riding when i was 5, my dream was the XRV750 Africa Twin and owned one back in 2008 when I was 18 for 2 years. That was the most amazing bike i ever owned.

Then our dreams grew bigger and its the CRF1000 which I finally purchased last week from the UK. The bike will be shipped via sea and i am expecting it in 8 weeks.

Afew questions and research which am currently doing to enhance the performance and protection as well

1. Has anyone fabricated custom made crash guards/bashplate or got a link on the same? Importing one will cost alot bearing in mind hefty taxations.
2. The bike has a Beuwolf slip-on so i was thinking of a decat since we don't have any environmental inspections. Will a decat without remap affect performance positivily or negatively? I am of the idea that the bike will breath freely once decat. Will it lead to some code errors due to O2 sensor change in readings?

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Helmet

Attachments

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
211 Posts
Great bikes and great places to ride! congrats. There's plenty of crash bars options on the market and plenty of posts about them in this forum Welcome.
I don't know if what you might gain after decat the exhaust is worth the trouble on this bikes, but the crash bars are worthwhile for sure

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,124 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great bikes and great places to ride! congrats. There's plenty of crash bars options on the market and plenty of posts about them in this forum Welcome.
I don't know if what you might gain after decat the exhaust is worth the trouble on this bikes, but the crash bars are worthwhile for sure
Thanks for your advise, you are right. I will ride with and without baffle of the current slip-on and see if any difference

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
433 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts