Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I received a new owners manual for 2017 something about maintenance schedule was was not correct, anyone else get one?

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
This week I received a new owners manual for 2017 something about maintenance schedule was was not correct, anyone else get one?

My wife received one for hers, along with a recall notice for some emissions issue. I haven’t sat down and compared notes with the previous version to see what’s changed.

I purchased a holdover ‘16, for which they lost the owners manual and later said they “found it”. But it was actually a 2017 one they gave me, not the ‘16. Since Honda is not aware that I even have an old ‘17 manual for mine, I am sure they won’t send me a new one. Perhaps if I call customer service they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got a '16 DCT, haven't seen or heard of anyone local getting a revised manual. Can you possibly do a compare of the original vs replacement version, and advise of the differences /corrections to the maintenance schedule?

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
I've got a '16 DCT, haven't seen or heard of anyone local getting a revised manual. Can you possibly do a compare of the original vs replacement version, and advise of the differences /corrections to the maintenance schedule?

I believe the ‘16 manuals are fine, since my wife received an updated one for her ‘17 and I did not for my ‘16.

But since I never got the original for my ‘16, I can’t be sure :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
got one on friday. the recall is for the service intervals in the owners manual. they sent the new one and i compared and seen the differences. seems they added to intervals. see pic. new manual is top pic

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
got one on friday. the recall is for the service intervals in the owners manual. they sent the new one and i compared and seen the differences. seems they added to intervals. see pic. new manual is top pic

Weird. This is the original manual and the new one my wife just received. Only difference I can see between the two is the original was a more off-white color and contrast wasn’t as good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yea yours looks like no changes.either way the majority of the changes most of us check more frequently than required anyhow

Weird. This is the original manual and the new one my wife just received. Only difference I can see between the two is the original was a more off-white color and contrast wasn’t as good.

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
yea yours looks like no changes.either way the majority of the changes most of us check more frequently than required anyhow
Yes. I also purchased the service manual and reference that for service anyway, since its easier to read than the Honda micro-book user manual :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes. I also purchased the service manual and reference that for service anyway, since its easier to read than the Honda micro-book user manual /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
yea same here , although the mistake i made on my rear wheel install was wrong in the honda tm. calls for the rear wheel hat bushing to be installed on right side of tire and when installed that side it causes the caliper and disc brake to rub. my mistake in not remembering how it came off. either way no damage and im lucky i caught it. but manual def shows it being put in wrong side fyi ... i had tire off for almost a week so it wasnt fresh in my mind..

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
yea same here , although the mistake i made on my rear wheel install was wrong in the honda tm. calls for the rear wheel hat bushing to be installed on right side of tire and when installed that side it causes the caliper and disc brake to rub. my mistake in not remembering how it came off. either way no damage and im lucky i caught it. but manual def shows it being put in wrong side fyi ... i had tire off for almost a week so it wasnt fresh in my mind..

Oh. Thanks for the tip. Assume your TM is the same part number 61MJP01?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have mine on digits. 62MJP000 is number im showing

Oh. Thanks for the tip. Assume your TM is the same part number 61MJP01?

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
I am not sure if mine is an older or newer printing. The 62 of yours vs 61 of mine, might mean mine is older. Dunno :)

What is your date of issue? It should be listed on bottom of the second page titled "How To Use This Manual" . Mine is December 2016, so probably an older printing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mines showing 2015/09. mine is also a digital version. does your page shownthe hat bushing on the wrong side of tire assembly on page 18-3? anyhow im curious to see whats the newest version available. i might head up to a dealer but i aint payin no 60$$$ lol

I am not sure if mine is an older or newer printing. The 62 of yours vs 61 of mine, might mean mine is older. Dunno /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

What is your date of issue? It should be listed on bottom of the second page titled "How To Use This Manual" . Mine is December 2016, so probably an older printing.

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
mines showing 2015/09. mine is also a digital version. does your page shownthe hat bushing on the wrong side of tire assembly on page 18-3? anyhow im curious to see whats the newest version available. i might head up to a dealer but i aint payin no 60$$$ lol
Mine looks identical to what you posted. I wonder if I can get a warranty recall on that, since I paid good money for it? :)

·
Registered
CRF1000L | Gold Wing DCT
294 Posts
I like the one that came with my AT better. Now I have to inspect valve clearances!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts