Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Just picked up a new 2017 AT this past weekend and looking forward to learning the ins and out of the bike and accessories.
I’ve been riding for over 40 years from dirt bikes to sportbikes and still have my 07 Aprilia Tuono in the garage.
I live on the north side of Atlanta and will be looking for like minded souls to meet and ride with.
Picked up a new Bell helmetvwith the bike and just ordered a pair of Sidi Adventure 2 boots since my old Tech 6 boots fell apart when I put them on.
I’ll be postings up questions on tires and accessories soon.

Take care,
Brad

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the new bike. I used to live in the N. Ga. mountains and plan on getting back there in the next few weeks. Always looking for people to ride with.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Brad, congrats on bike!
I live in Alpharetta near GA400; the highway to N.GA Mtn :)
Mostly ride dual sport routes. Pavement only when necessary.
Had a 2016 AT/DCT since June of model year.
PM me for any help or ride.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Brad, congrats on bike!
I live in Alpharetta near GA400; the highway to N.GA Mtn :)
Mostly ride dual sport routes. Pavement only when necessary. Ferry area.
Had a 2016 AT/DCT since June of model year.
PM me for any help or ride.

Hey DCTFAN , We are practically neighbors as I live in S Forsyth just over the border from Fulton. Jones Bridge an McGinnis Ferry area.
Leaving Thursday to ride KY with a couple of buddies from Chicago but will PM you when I get back and maybe we can meet up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Stolen Pig Rally in Matewan? That's a great trip.
Wish I could've made it.
Keep in touch!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Tuono07 said:
Hey DCTFAN, I've b.een riding up in the mountains both paved and dirt and I'm having trouble finding maps of dual sport roads, fire roads, trails ect. I don't have a GPS yet so I'm looking for paper maps.
Have a friend coming down from Chicago with his KTM 1290 in a couple weeks and want to do a lot of dirt.
Suggestions?

Thanks,
Brad
Have you tried these?
https://dualsportmaps.com/
https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts