Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Niels and I've just ordered a Black AT which is going to be released to the road in Januari.
I've already ordered some extra's like a Remus Okami and TT fog lights additional to the Honda side cases (no extra tubing, fine for the weekend trips) and a newly released Givi Dolomiti top case for daily commute through traffic. Probably Outback crashbars for an occassional drop (lol) and heated grips from Yamaha

Only thing still working on is tires. I've got my dealer so far as to swap the OEM's with something else, but which ones :) ... I'd like to start the winter with great on-road Rain tires but the selection isn't great. A test here in NL and DE shows Pirelli Scorpions and Metz Tourance Next as best tires (wet / durability). Pirelli not in right sizes and the Next is tubeless, so probably Tubeless with tube? (or Trailsmart: great in rain, done after 5k of pushing)

So, not much to say until the bike arrives somewhere in December, but like I said it will get it's plates in Jan so it says 2017 on the registration.... patience you must have my young Padawan :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats, I've had my bike (rally red manual) since June and Love it. I spent a lot of time researching tires and decided on a TKC 80 for the front and a Hed K60 for the rear, they are reasonably priced, they should arrive today and I will spoon them on today or tomorrow. These have gotten a lot of good reviews and as with any tire it's a compromise between grip and longevity. I think the stickier tKC 80 will work good for a front The K60 front has reports of being noisy at highway speeds and not great in the wet and the harder rubber on the K60 will last longer on the rear where the TKC is reported to wear out too quick. there is nothing wrong with running a tubeless tire with a tube.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this moment those tires are too knobby for me. In Summer I'll do some offroad trips but for now it's all road (and not allroad :) )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hallo Niels,

Gefeliciteerd! Wat betreft de banden: Voor dagelijks verkeer maar ook voor een stuk off road rijden, zijn de Heidenau K60 Scout een zeer goede middenweg. Hoge slijtvastheid en grip op de weg, voldoende grip off road. Tenzij je werkelijk hardcore off road gaat rijden. Leuke bijkomstigheid is de prijs van deze band. Tevens "smoelt" het aanzienlijk beter dan de OEM bandjes. Ik had deze banden om mijn Tiger 800XC en nu wederom op de AT en ben er zeer content mee. 6000-8000 km is haalbaar, afhankelijk van je rijgedrag uiteraard.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Niels,

Succes met je nieuwe motor! Ik heb ook een zwarte besteld, maar die wordt pas in april geleverd..

Groetjes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts