Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Is this available yet? I fitted a bigger screen yesterday.......so now a requirement!
Vlad was making a new prototype and going to try it on a ATAS, at his local dealer. That was a couple of weeks ago, not heard anything lately about availability though. The two he originally sent to brother and I, were designed for the 2016/17 bikes and didn’t fit, so posted those onto other customers for Vlad. Waiting patiently, for an update from him.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Installed Vlad's windscreen/bar brace with a couple swaps of my own:

The top 2 bolts Vlad supplies us with are phillips head screws which I'm not a fan of--they strip so easily. Also, they're of steel color which draws attention in "S(tationary)" mode through the windscreen. So, I decided to use the front fender (black) bolts I had replaced with SS allen head screws awhile back. In addition, I added a black plastic washer just below the black head bolt to prevent scratches.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just fitted Vlad's bracket to my 2018 bike. A bit of a fiddle but manageable. Very pleased with the finish and fit.
Thanks Vlad.

·
Registered
167 Posts
the camel bracket fits 2018's according to their website.

I mounted the Camel Brace on my 2018 ATAS and love it. People complain about feeding the two mounting bolts through the holes under the dash - but it's simple if you use a trick I learned 40 years ago assembling motorcycles.
Remove the two rubber headlight boots like they say to do, then put a strong magnet over the hole you want to feed the bolt into. The bolt will stick to the brace - and you just slide it up to the hole. Easy Peasy! This is for the two bolts under the display. Trust me - if you don't have one, then go buy a strong magnet before starting the installation. Oh - and remove the windscreen before starting - the instructions don't mention it, even though the picture shows it is off. I had it mounted in under 10 minutes.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts