Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the topic is what did you do today, I am have it done. There is a suspension guy here locally who put new springs in my DRZ last year,. It is cold and icy here now so I dropped my AT off at his place and getting new stiffer springs put in front and rear, I will post a follow up after I get it back but he did a good job dong them matching the bike and my weight and junk I carry for trips on the DRZ, so I think he will do just as good of job on the AT for me.
The springs will be custom built since Race Tech here in OK has not made any for the AT yet, I believe my springs are at his shop now and he is using them as a template to build the new ones, I am not a suspension guy I am jus relaying what I think it true,.
Im excited to get the bike back with new springs, my other bike was like a new ride after he worked on it.
I hope you all are having a blessed week.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You won't regret it! Better springs are definitely needed. I highly suggest that you add new valves to the list as well!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had my rear shock re-sprung and left the rest stock for now. Too much sag that could not be dialed out. Now things are much better and more balanced. I am sure there is a front spring improvement that could be made as well. Overall, this is pretty decent stock suspension compared to many non $20k ADV bikes.

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just fitted progressive springs front and rear with +20mm of height and there is a massive difference in the bike. The bouncing is gone from the rear and the nose dive is gone from the front.

Delighted with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts