Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So technically I fitted these a couple of weeks ago, but forgot to post the pictures.

Bought them second hand of the Facebook AT group from another UK member, they were brand new and never fitted.

I am very pleased with them, only 15 Litres
Capacity each, but hold a surprisingly large amount of stuff.

The one click release and attach system is also very nice too, and the carry handles supplied turns them into easy to carry luggage.

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SW Motech PRO racks are magical.

They can even be optionally locked down so to keep greedy hands from walking away with the set-up.
I know I have become a big fan of the SW Motec gear, I currently have the following SW Motec products on my bike!

Pro Micro tank bag and tank ring.
Pro Rear Bag tail bag.
Dry bag 8L tail bag x 2
Pro Travel 70L tail bag ( only used once for lasts years ABR trip, it’s too big to leave on the bike for daily use!)

and now these new sysbags too!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin
30 Posts
The SW Motech PRO racks are magical.

They can even be optionally locked down so to keep greedy hands from walking away with the set-up.
This is news to me! Makes sense, but I hadn't even considered how easy it would be to walk off with these with some twists of a nickel. They wouldn't be of much use to anyone, but it would be a serious inconvenience on a long trip. Ordering some now.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin
30 Posts
The SW Motech PRO racks are magical...
On a side note, anyone have anything to comment about the SW Motech TRAX Toolbox? Seems like a great place to keep the things you would want to have on every ride (first aid kit, tools, etc.) The $180 price point has me wincing. I had something similar on my '18 ATAS, but it was from AliBaba and cost more around $50.
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
On a side note, anyone have anything to comment about the SW Motech TRAX Toolbox? Seems like a great place to keep the things you would want to have on every ride (first aid kit, tools, etc.) The $180 price point has me wincing. I had something similar on my '18 ATAS, but it was from AliBaba and cost more around $50.
View attachment 72707
I like it.

Build quality looks good. Might be worth the price it the design and implementation is as good as other SW Motech products.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 72707
I have ordered one of those for mine, but it seems that they are so new they are not actually in production yet!

The note I got from SW Motec says shipping Q4 2022!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin
30 Posts
That’s why I ordered one, but as mentioned they are not shipping yet!
Yeah, I see late August as shipping for black and late Sept. for silver. I went ahead and got the round SW Motech tool carrier for now because a) it's available, and b) it's not such a huge hit to the wallet at $55.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts