Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all forum members. New to adventure bikes from sport touring. Went from a 2007 ST1300 to 2017 CRF1000LD. Looking forward to going where I couldn’t with the ST!! From Nova Scotia Canada.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The ST1300 is a great touring bike. I think you'll like the Africa Twin for touring because it opens up a bunch of opportunities for sideroads and gravel (or more if you're an accomplished rider with skills for offroad). I don't think I'd every go back to having a sport tourer again after the AT.

Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
1,208 Posts
Welcome,

Yea you’ll have some fun....

Yea when ever I get some lip from my Harley buddies I just dare them to “follow me”...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome. The ST1300 is an awesome machine but as stated now those loose roads that were intimidating become available. If you have never ridden dirt bikes I would suggest taking a riding class designed for off road or touring off road. The riding techniques learned make your experience much better. One of my favorite trainers is Jimmy Lewis out of Nevada. He exposes riders to all types of terrain including really deep, soft sand. Just a thought.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello all forum members. New to adventure bikes from sport touring. Went from a 2007 ST1300 to 2017 CRF1000LD. Looking forward to going where I couldn’t with the ST!! From Nova Scotia Canada.
G'day Mike! All those side roads that turn to dirt, they are yours now! Opens up the game big time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome, I've recently bought an AT myself but kept my Aprilia for carving mountains. Did a trip to Cape Breton a few years ago on my CBR1000 Beautiful country!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts