Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I'm from Canterbury New Zealand and brought my Honda Africa twin 4 months ago and really enjoying it.. looks as if I've got some reading to do on here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi there. I'm in Christchurch and have had my DCT since July 2016. Have clocked up just over 41,500km and also enjoying the bike. Only had a few minor problems - replaced front fork seals at 25,000km and they are starting to weep again and replaced the rear wheel bearings at 38,000km. Also had a problem getting it to go into gear ((Oct last year) but luckerly that problem hasn't come back.
Great bike for taking through the Rainbow and Molesworth Station.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there thanks for the reply... I hope to get more off seal riding as I've not done a lot mainly had road bikes. I did have a KLR for awhile and did the Molesworth but haven't done Rainbow. I'm finding it a great bike on and off road, but looking forward to changing the tyres that it came with. I've nearly dine 9000km so far, what tyres do you use?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The first tyre change I went to Mitas E07's. Good tyres and grip (dry & wet) but I was a little disappointed with the mileage I got from the front tyre.
I replaced the front tyre with a Continental TKC 80 and I'm happy with the TKC 80 and Mitas E07 set up.
Now that we're heading into winter and most of my riding will be on sealed roads with the odd gravel road ride in the weekend, so it's time to change the tyres.
Have the Brass Monkey Rally in June.
Not sure what tyres I'm going to fit e.g. Mitas E08, TKC 70 or Shinko E705.
Was keen on the TKC 80 but a few write ups (on this Forum) have put me off the front tyre.
Going out to see Don at Pit Lane on Saturday for his recommendations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome be keen to see what Don says... I get my tyres from him to. Yeah I m not sure about the brass this year wasn't planning on doing it but never say never.... you could shoot over Danseys if it's not shut from snow lol....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts