Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 at for about 2 years luv the bike it's been to Dead Horse from Kingman Az and have put 16000 miles on and I'm currently going through the 1st valve inspection and reset all of which is a Pta thanks Honda otherwise looking forward to putting on more miles. 20190617_105028_1566444413492.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Hi and welcome,

Yea Honda did make these a PITA to work on...

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
What ever you do when disassembling your AT do NOT DROP ANY bolt, nut, or screw - it will absolutely, with out fail drop down into and between some plastic sections that you can not access. I’m pretty sure Honda engineered the AT to be like this...

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
What ever you do when disassembling your AT do NOT DROP ANY bolt, nut, or screw - it will absolutely, with out fail drop down into and between some plastic sections that you can not access. I’m pretty sure Honda engineered the AT to be like this...
No Kidding :nerd: Son just watched me loose a 8mm nut from taillight... says it went down the lower frame tube....So In his 38 years of wisdom says 'just turn it upside down!' I'm too old to do things like that anymore!

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Super Moderator
1,730 Posts
Between that and the Honda love for robust thread locker and crappy soft alloy bolts, I think Honda engineered these to frustrate :)

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Between that and the Honda love for robust thread locker and crappy soft alloy bolts, I think Honda engineered these to frustrate :)

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
So true... it seems that the assembly line tools are all set at a max torque and add thread locker, torque and done... Made to NEVER be removed again, I’m pretty sure that is a goal too...

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Super Moderator
1,730 Posts
So true... it seems that the assembly line tools are all set at a max torque and add thread locker, torque and done... Made to NEVER be removed again, I’m pretty sure that is a goal too...
I am just waiting for them to take the Apple approach and require special tools, non-user replaceable parts, etc. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
I am just waiting for them to take the Apple approach and require special tools, non-user replaceable parts, etc. :)
Lol... shhhhhhh!! Don’t give them any ideas....

Sorry -azrodney for hijacking the thread...

Reactions: Cuchulainn
1 - 9 of 9 Posts