Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin DCT in stealth black (non-Adventure Sports)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching, lurking, and asking a ton of questions, I brought home my used 2020 Africa Twin DCT Saturday. I trailered it home 6.5 hours from Jim’s Motorcycle Sales in Johnson City, TN to Washington, DC. If I’d known it would be so warm I would have flown in and ridden it home! I put my first few hundred miles on it yesterday and love it. I’ll need to adjust the suspension for my preferred riding: road touring (suggestions appreciated). I will add a tank bag, risers, a Shad SH59X top case, and probably some heated grips, but otherwise she is ready for long trips.
5E14FB29-113E-4044-9CF3-E816A3FCBCFB.jpeg 6A3F1A17-7C5E-4BFB-A2E2-F1D5C0B44E50.jpeg A73C07FA-1924-4B28-B78F-B94CDE5E8501.jpeg

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome! She's a beauty but there's something basically wrong with a "used 2020" AT. What's the story?

Suspension gurus will be with you shortly....

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin (DCT)
7 Posts
After researching, lurking, and asking a ton of questions, I brought home my used 2020 Africa Twin DCT Saturday. I trailered it home 6.5 hours from Jim’s Motorcycle Sales in Johnson City, TN to Washington, DC. If I’d known it would be so warm I would have flown in and ridden it home! I put my first few hundred miles on it yesterday and love it. I’ll need to adjust the suspension for my preferred riding: road touring (suggestions appreciated). I will add a tank bag, risers, a Shad SH59X top case, and probably some heated grips, but otherwise she is ready for long trips.
View attachment 59134 View attachment 59135 View attachment 59136
View attachment 59134 View attachment 59135 View attachment 59136
congratulations. I found a use 2020 with 340 miles. Had to drive to Arkansas and bring back to Arizona. But it was worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
congratulations. I found a use 2020 with 340 miles. Had to drive to Arkansas and bring back to Arizona. But it was worth it.
LoL, apparently there's a bevy of black 2020 DCT returns.... :unsure:

Well done, Gents!

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin DCT in stealth black (non-Adventure Sports)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! She's a beauty but there's something basically wrong with a "used 2020" AT. What's the story?
A young man came from an older CB500X and traded it in for this AT. He put 1,600 miles on it, and with the girlfriend on the back, fell over in his driveway turning around. Supposedly rode it right back to the shop and traded it in on a NEW CB500X. Then she became mine. Minimal scratches on the handlebar guard and crash bar.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS ES DCT and a few more
213 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. DCTs don't seem to last long when they come up used and in good shape. I had a 2018 DCT and wanted the 2020. The dealers were just crazily pricing the new ones with absurd add-on fees. It took me months to finally score a used one in the price range I wanted to pay. I literally called within an hour of the add being posted and sealed the deal. When I was finally able to arrange delivery of the bike, the seller had received at least 20 calls wanting to buy the bike and even offering a grand more than I paid for it.

Mine was one month old with 22 miles on it. A husband bought it for his wife to ride along with his KTM 1290 Super Adventure and she literally rode it one time and felt it was too big for her. Still had an almost full tank of gas.

The AT is one of the best all around bikes I've ever owned. Enjoy lots of happy (s)miles on yours.

·
Registered
151 Posts
A young man came from an older CB500X and traded it in for this AT. He put 1,600 miles on it, and with the girlfriend on the back, fell over in his driveway turning around. Supposedly rode it right back to the shop and traded it in on a NEW CB500X. Then she became mine. Minimal scratches on the handlebar guard and crash bar.
Interesting way to meet new girlfriends.... :ROFLMAO:

....sorry couldn't resist. The ambiguity of English delivery sometimes provides unintended interpretation....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts