Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just saw that Rocky Mountain ATV/MC just released the new Tusk branded soft panniers. As a guy building his adventure bike as cost effectively as possible, these look like the best deal out there. I picked up a set and will report back once they arrive. Will also upload a video to my youtube channel for those interested!

Jaison

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you have to use the straps across the seat to hold them together or can they be secured to the bike just using the mounting plate?

·
Registered
2018 ATAS DCT
47 Posts
Do you have to use the straps across the seat to hold them together or can they be secured to the bike just using the mounting plate?
I just use mounting plates only they seem very secure on their mounts

Paul.W

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
Do you have the tusk rack or a different brand. I currently have the touratech rack.
You can use your Touratech rack. One of our bikes has one. You would need to buy the Universal Mount rather than the Tusk rack. But from the techs at RMATVMC, you will lose the quick connect/disconnect ability on the Touratech rack.

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info. The tusk racks are so cheap, I’ll probably sell my touratech rack. I like the quick release.
I hear ya. I may do the same with my wife's bike and see if I can't just remove the Tourarech pucks from the Zega Pro if they don't work with the Tusk rack and slap one of the Tusk quick release mounts on them instead. That way she can swap back and forth between the Zega and the Tusk Olympus

Seems like they sell seperately for their own metal boxes and have you drill so that you can choose the angle you prefer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hear ya. I may do the same with my wife's bike and see if I can't just remove the Tourarech pucks from the Zega Pro if they don't work with the Tusk rack and slap one of the Tusk quick release mounts on them instead. That way she can swap back and forth between the Zega and the Tusk Olympus

Seems like they sell seperately for their own metal boxes and have you drill so that you can choose the angle you prefer.

Did the touratech zega pro mounts work . I to have a touratech rack and trying to find a better quick release system for the olympus panniers q

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
Did the touratech zega pro mounts work . I to have a touratech rack and trying to find a better quick release system for the olympus panniers q

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I don't have the answer. I am still looking at some various options with Tusk being one of them. So far she is still just using the Zega Pro with her Tourarech racks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just placed an order for the Olympus system yesterday, backordered till end of March. I have a ride planned on the MABDR first week of May and will report back at that time. I've been using my used Honda hard bags on a couple trips and although they work well I wanted something better for the tougher trails. Will probably be selling the Honda hard bags when these arrive.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just placed an order for the Olympus system yesterday, backordered till end of March. I have a ride planned on the MABDR first week of May and will report back at that time. I've been using my used Honda hard bags on a couple trips and although they work well I wanted something better for the tougher trails. Will probably be selling the Honda hard bags when these arrive.
I'll wave if I see ya! Not running the mabdr, but will be camping and riding around the southern sections for a few days then. Do post up. I'd love your impressions

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
I will be interested in the update. Post something up in the gear reviews if you get the chance :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts