Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
A few weeks ago I went on a road trip with my brother to pick up his new AT. Well after a 14 hour round trip, we got the bike home and I was blown away with it.
I grew up riding bikes but had a terrible accident 20 years ago, I gave the bikes away.
After seeing and riding my brothers new AT though, I was on the hunt for my own.
I put a deposit on a second hand Tri-Colour ABS model last week with less than 2,000km's on the clock, and will be going on another road trip with my bro to pick mine up next weekend.
Can't wait :smile2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wadeo.
I am getting some good tips from this forum for a few upgrades too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys,
A few weeks ago I went on a road trip with my brother to pick up his new AT. Well after a 14 hour round trip, we got the bike home and I was blown away with it.
I grew up riding bikes but had a terrible accident 20 years ago, I gave the bikes away.
After seeing and riding my brothers new AT though, I was on the hunt for my own.
I put a deposit on a second hand Tri-Colour ABS model last week with less than 2,000km's on the clock, and will be going on another road trip with my bro to pick mine up next weekend.
Can't wait :smile2:
Well done. Welcome to the clan and safe and happy ridings.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Picked up the Twin yesterday with my brothers help, couldn't be happier.
Took a few photos with one of my brothers other bikes, a mint example of a 1989 NX650 (it only has 38k on the clock).
First mod I bought while awake at 3am this morning, a Givi side stand plate. I also want to buy some BarkBusters soon.

Looks like I have to get my post count up before I can share the images guys.

But they are great :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Enjoy the bike and now the fun bit starts buying all those extra's ($$$$$$$$$$$$).
I'm looking at getting some bark busters (storm) and upgrading the suspension this year.
Have just clocked up 39k on my bike (DCT) over the last 19 months.
Stay upright.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mike, that's a few k's you have done there, mine will be a bit of a weekend warrior, but I still have a list of items that I am going to need for a bit more peace of mind when heading off road.
The bike already has a full set of Altrider crash bars but I think I will sell them and get the more discreet SW-Moteck ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts