Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i have a 2018 africa twin with real gears cos i dont like change! had a blackbird for 5 years. loved it but too much now for my back. had a tiger 1050 for 4. nice bike
kids both got jobs so splashed out on my dream bike.....
well, it is now i have blocked off the fork tunnel and purchased a taller screen. i am 6ft 2 and was buffetted to death until i made changes, i sit tall.
i am in nw england, lancs, next to the roads of yorks and nr cumbria so i am very lucky
tt booked for the new bike for 2019. just put her in the garage with battery charger on waiting for a better weather day. had her 8 months and we are in love.
have a great xmas people

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hello there.

I must be the odd one out here... I'm 6'7 in my boots and changed to a very short 'sport' screen.. So, I'm in the wind but without any buffeting/turbulence. I'm used to naked bikes with short screens so this is right for me. I may use the original tall screen for our regular week in the Eifel mountains come September. See how it goes.
Plenty of useful tip on here, ideas from the states, oz, no and elsewhere.

Best tip from me. ACF your rims and spokes before... Or if the bike sees salt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts