Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping this is the right section but am here asking any newUk Twin owners if they received anything off the AA in regards to their breakdown cover after they purchased their bike? I have bought a Honda before and received something through the post but this time i have not even received a card with breakdown details on.Do they just think everyone will download the app i assume. A bit naive if you have no power in your phone

Also looking at the Honda site, European breakdown cover is now included from October 2017 whereas before it just covered the UK unless you had a Crosstourer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In a word, no. But the AA are usually happy to haggle membership fees - lots of discretionary deals and employees chasing commission. Or you could save money and stay optimistic - a new(ish) AT is very unlikely to break down!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nothing here - I did download the Honda Assist app though and entered my details on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
don't think I got anything from the AA, but the Hondacare thing worked for me and was very quick (20 minutes) and they took me all the way home - 90 miles.
I tried to get the AA to simply extend the hondacare assistance to include europe cover but their call centre wouldn't budge on the full £55 price for their 5 star thing
Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Honda Uk got back to me.They were not sure if i was covered as i bought before October 1st so they said phone the AA.

I phoned the AA and the guy on the phone looked up my records and said i was not covered.I then said on the Honda website about any bike under warranty is covered in Europe from October the 1st.He then went away and asked someone and then came back with the reply saying they would get your bike sorted to a Honda dealer but at a cost so still none the wiser?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nothing in the post .

I used the Number on the Honda APP I had downloaded on my phone .

AA sorted out recovery on two occasions and a road side repair on another problem .

Tel number on the APP is +44121 275 6744

I need to check the European cover as I'm sure I took out the 2 year offer when i bought the bike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, I was under the impression that I had European cover for the CRF1000 which I bought last March, I already have UK AA cover for the family car and my daily commute bike. Believing this is the case, I travelled throughout Europe last summer relatively unprepared i.e. with a fairly stiff rear tyre that would make impossible to fix a flat on the side of the road :surprise: May talk to the AA (or Honda) to see how much they will ask to include it for the second year of warranty, although I suspect it might be cheaper to do it on a per trip basis.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just be aware that "breakdown" with the Honda AA cover does NOT include punctures, at least not in Europe, I had to purchase additional cover just for this. OK technically I know punctures aren't a breakdown but my UK cover on my Triumph does give cover.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just be aware that "breakdown" with the Honda AA cover does NOT include punctures, at least not in Europe, I had to purchase additional cover just for this. OK technically I know punctures aren't a breakdown but my UK cover on my Triumph does give cover.
I am surprised to hear this. I just called the AA as I have personal UK membership for all my vehicles and they confirmed they will assist with a tyre puncture i.e. fix it on the spot if possible (presumably for a TL tyre) or tow the bike to the closest garage (for a TT tyre). And this also applies in case of European breakdown cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am hoping this is the right section but am here asking any newUk Twin owners if they received anything off the AA in regards to their breakdown cover after they purchased their bike? I have bought a Honda before and received something through the post but this time i have not even received a card with breakdown details on.Do they just think everyone will download the app i assume. A bit naive if you have no power in your phone

Also looking at the Honda site, European breakdown cover is now included from October 2017 whereas before it just covered the UK unless you had a Crosstourer.
yes AA do cover for the two years from purchase, I just used them, I phoned the dealer and they gave me the Honda recovery team which it turned out was the AA.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have just realised that when Honda changed the assistance cover to include Europe, it might not have been a plus. Prior to the change I definitely got recovery to home -about 90 miles and it was excellent, but the way I am reading things now, it's just roadside assistance and may not include recovery. Is that right?
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking to fit side tank protectors/grip pads on 2017 AT. Firstly, do I need them and secondly, the majority I have seen on-line look naff. I did like the look of the Honda rubber ones but cant seem to be able to buy them in the UK. Any ideas ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts