Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Brian and live in Tuscola tx. I pick up my new to me twin tomarrow its a 2016 with 4,000 miles.

Here to learn as much as i can about these bikes here and contribute when i can. Been on bikes all my life and built vtwins and cb750’s in the 90’s. Thank you for having me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just got her home it was chiily 35deg ride back

She’s basically all kitted out for a trip already! Front fender riser too?
Welcome to the AT gang

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, not sure on fender kit. What i really like is bags come off in seconds and they dont have that big bulky frameing behind the bags like i have seen on other adventure bikes

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Brian. That seat looks super comfortable. So far for me the stock seat is fine, but then I see seats like yours...... I got some thinking to do :wink2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys this bike came with all that stuff on it and for a 2016 with 4,000 miles i feel i got a great deal at 9,900. It belonged to the parts guy at the dealership and it has been well taken care of. Has eng gaurds and skid plate also

I had a klr before and this rides like a cadillac compared to that

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear ya, it looks great from the side but the diamond pattern im just not feelin it. but it is comfy, dont want to look like hedgehog goin down the freeway. Haha

·
Registered
335 Posts
I hear ya, it looks great from the side but the diamond pattern im just not feelin it. but it is comfy, dont want to look like hedgehog goin down the freeway. Haha

Comfy is good. I still have the oem seat, and after 2 hours on it today I realised that because of the slight downwards angle, and the cold, a certain important part of a mans anatomy can go numb, which is not very comfortable while riding haha. Luckily a bit of standing up is easy with this bike so you can get some feeling again!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
May just recover it in the future. For now i just want to ride it

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
When i went to get my plate for the AT at the dealer the other day i asked the parts guy who use to own the bike if he still had the stock seat. He sold it to me for 50bucks, so ill keep the corbin for our camping trips and long road trips with the wife. Bike looks so much better with a stock seat on it instead of the corbin seat, and man is that corbin seat heavy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Few changes to my twin

High fender kit, twin air filters and a fuel boost plug, and some carbon fiber fork covers, 1,000 miles with stock seat on
And im loving it, just need to slow down on the highways

1 - 16 of 16 Posts