Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Newbie on both forum and Africa twin DCT!
So pleased with the bike. Never had an adventure bike before and so glad I went with it.
Done its first service this weekend and only had it for three weeks. Doing commuting into central London is racking up
more miles than I thought....
Just so excited to try out the off road capabilities of this bike, but can't really find suitable places around London.
Wales is not really what I call nearby. Any suggestions would be very helpful and happy to come riding with!
Definitely going to book the Honda Adventure Training in Wales next year!!

Greetings from London!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome Leriche,

North Coast 500 ? Great roads, brilliant scenery and friendly folk.

Best done April or September, fewer tourists and midges. Weather is pretty good around then.

Plenty accommodation and camp sites plus you an pitch a tent anywhere discreet in Scotland for free.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello Leriche

I am in Horsham, West Sussex. There are loads of green lanes round these parts. There are also offroad sites were you can pay for a day and not too far for you to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello Leriche,

Congrats on your new bike.
Take a trip to Salisbury Plains (2hrs from central London). Plenty gravel tracks and green lanes on Army range to spend a day there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

New to the forum. Not yet picked up the AT, but chose a fully specced used DCT (complete with full adventure pack and foot shifter - previous owner threw everything at it and did less than 900 miles in 18 months so the tri-colour is like new). Coming from a sports bike and track day background, I went with a Tiger 800 XRx last year, then chopped in for the AT. Sometimes miss the knee down antics of track days, but since having the kids 10 years ago there's been less and less time to get out so a Tiger, and now the AT, seemed like a good choice. And it is - love the handling and dynamics of an ADV, and they commute a lot better than a supersports!

Based in Hampton Court, so seems like there's a few AT's around this area. Would love the opportunity to meet up in the near future and go out for a ride, especially onto some green lanes as it's not something I've ever done (other than on MTB's which don't really count).

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Honda off road centre is now in Devon on Exmoor.

Not keen on the green laning until i get some crash bars fitted.Planning on going to Northern Spain in May as i have no baggage at home to stop me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
meet and ride?

Hi

New to the forum. Not yet picked up the AT, but chose a fully specced used DCT (complete with full adventure pack and foot shifter - previous owner threw everything at it and did less than 900 miles in 18 months so the tri-colour is like new). Coming from a sports bike and track day background, I went with a Tiger 800 XRx last year, then chopped in for the AT. Sometimes miss the knee down antics of track days, but since having the kids 10 years ago there's been less and less time to get out so a Tiger, and now the AT, seemed like a good choice. And it is - love the handling and dynamics of an ADV, and they commute a lot better than a supersports!

Based in Hampton Court, so seems like there's a few AT's around this area. Would love the opportunity to meet up in the near future and go out for a ride, especially onto some green lanes as it's not something I've ever done (other than on MTB's which don't really count).
Also new to the forum and to the Africa Twin and loving it.
Based in Hampton, so we are practically neighbours.
Was thinking it would maybe be a good idea if we can meet up and go for a ride one weekend?
Let me know your thoughts.
Kind Regards
Le Riche

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome Leriche, I am in Wimbledon and do occasionally some green laning at Surrey. For commuting to central London though I use my trusty and non-thief-magnet Transalp.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts