Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined up recently. Currently ride a 2015 Super Tenere. Thinking seriously about an AT.
Hope to find out on this nice forum if other Tenere folks have any thoughts on giving up shaft drive and cruise control.
The "loss" of nearly 100 pounds sounds like a pretty big improvement, and maybe worth losing a few goodies!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey there Texasten!

I'm still with my Concours 14 for over fours years now. Have doing a lot of long-distance riding and really like the shaft drive among other aspects of the Concours. So, I've been contemplating the S10 as possible replacement, but as you can see I have not bought one yet. The AT is most likely going to fill the off-pavement adventure role and for that, I like the lighter weight.

Yet, I still haven't jumped on an AT but the timing is getting closer--as long as I have it by the end of the year. So, with that I am just about holding breath for the 2017 models.

What part of Texas? Back in June, I stopped in Kerrville enroute to Big Bend NP via the Texas Hill Country. Really liked that area.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fort Worth. I have never been to Big Bend, but it is on my bucket list!
The S10 cruise control is amazing. Spoils you in a hurry......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts