Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hallo all, purchased my 2016, 4000 mile manual on Saturday and fortunately have a weeks holiday so have rode every day.
My previous go everywhere bike was a much modded Yamaha XT660 Z Tenere. Sad to see it go but since buying the AT I can't stop riding it.
64yrs of age and have been riding since I was 13.
Retired from road racing 5yrs ago on 70's 2 strokes and currently have TDR250 '88, TY250R '85 and two YR5 350's '71 and '72 to appease my 2 stroke addiction.
No qualms about not buying DCT, just a lazy old school rider who enjoys bikes the way they've always been for me.
My other big trailies (don't like the Adventure Bike thing) were a GS1100 '96, GS1150 '2002 and an XR650R.
Did close to 90,000miles on the BM's but decided I wanted another big trailie with a bit more comfort as the XT was becoming hard work on 250mile + days, so I decided to give the AT a try after a year or so of trawling the net and asking owners their thoughts to help me make my mind up which way to go.
The AT makes me smile.
My location is Northants in the UK.

Pete.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Pete,welcome I have only been here less than 2 weeks myself and I am from Northampton.
Hallo, bought the bike at a garage in Potterspury on the A5 not far from you, only went for a look but they're a bit like puppies, see it, stroke it and it ends up going home with you.

Pete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts