Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, yet another new owner.

Got a couple of questions straight of the bat before I start snooping.

Got a good deal on a low mileage AT. 2016 model. It's a manual not dct. Wnet through bike, read all about it. Test rode one etc etc. The bike I got didn't come with the rear abs switch on dash. I don't think it's got abs at all or traction control.

Absolute dumb arse question. Did I buy the standard version and can I retro fit abs and traction control. All thoughts welcome apart from ur a dumb arse. I'd like to get some parts for it, but I have no idea what to type in as to crf1000 or crf1000l or crf1000la crf1234560dlfjcwks?

Confused

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Welcome to the Forum D8TAN, and congratulations on your AT acquisition.

I am pretty sure it is impractical to retrofit ABS and traction control, at least what I recall other Forum members have chimed in. There are mechanical, electrical and likely firmware aspects to support the features to consider. Probably not worth the risk of safety should bad things happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. O well, not the end of the world I suppose

·
Super Moderator
1,751 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Super Moderator
1,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the purchase.

Unfortunately as far as adding ABS and Traction control, I think you would find it cheaper to swap it out for a model that already has these features than it would be to add them after the fact.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello everyone, yet another new owner.

Got a couple of questions straight of the bat before I start snooping.

Got a good deal on a low mileage AT. 2016 model. It's a manual not dct. Wnet through bike, read all about it. Test rode one etc etc. The bike I got didn't come with the rear abs switch on dash. I don't think it's got abs at all or traction control.

Absolute dumb arse question. Did I buy the standard version and can I retro fit abs and traction control. All thoughts welcome apart from ur a dumb arse. I'd like to get some parts for it, but I have no idea what to type in as to crf1000 or crf1000l or crf1000la crf1234560dlfjcwks?

Confused

The switch on the dash enables the rider to shut down the rear wheel ABS. Check the owners manual or other references that might list specs for that machine. Someone on the Forum with a 2016 should be able to answer that. You might find it has ABS that cannot be shut down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts