Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

No justice !!!!

13K views 69 replies 15 participants last post by  KES 
#1 ·
Two things...
One no video or picture can show just how those Dunlop Trailmax Missions look IRL they look more like a Kenda Big Block just with funny shaped blocks, the gaps between those blocks are huge compared to any pic or vid I’ve seem of them.
Two same thing for the Remus Exhaust, no sound clip or video replicates the sound it has on the AT, in a way it’s very bad for me... It WILL bring out my hooligan waaaayyyy to often - I’m seeing some red-n-blues and a trip to see a judge or two in my future......
Haven‘t mounted the Dunlops yet, but I can easily see why ppl love those tires...

#12 ·
Yup, I've been in that exact position before and the next frame would show me on the ground with my bike carrying on, settling back down on it's front wheel before taking a nap. NOT my AT of course, it was an older KTM 300 dirt bike.

And it started out as 'hey, watch this!'

#19 ·
Lol! Look just like mine... lost.... Waiting to be united with a AT... Taking mine in on Monday to have them mounted, first wheel change I like to have the rims tuned too. Next two tire set‘s I’ll mount and do myself, then I‘ll take them in for the 4th set and have the rims tuned again..

Reactions: Mr.Phil
#22 ·
Rode hard and put away wet. Well not put away wet since it only rained one day, but I got them in a couple wet muddy holes.

That 3k miles is about 50/50, maybe leaning on 55/45 pavement heavy.
Northern Arizona is not tire friendly. Mostly volcanic rock in my area. My off pavement consists of dirt roads to forest roads filled with rolling baby heads to trails with skid plate bashing boulders. If it requires 4low in a truck or Jeep, it's too rough for me.

I have to say, I am impressed with these Mission tires. A little wiggly on tar snakes over 85°F and the front doesn't like to climb out of dried up mud ruts left by trucks. (Not enough side bite to claw out.) But, they handle and track well on improved dirt roads at well over speed limits.
I'd take these, hands down, over the Shinko 804/805s.

#63 ·
Rode hard and put away wet. Well not put away wet since it only rained one day, but I got them in a couple wet muddy holes.

That 3k miles is about 50/50, maybe leaning on 55/45 pavement heavy.
Northern Arizona is not tire friendly. Mostly volcanic rock in my area. My off pavement consists of dirt roads to forest roads filled with rolling baby heads to trails with skid plate bashing boulders. If it requires 4low in a truck or Jeep, it's too rough for me.

I have to say, I am impressed with these Mission tires. A little wiggly on tar snakes over 85°F and the front doesn't like to climb out of dried up mud ruts left by trucks. (Not enough side bite to claw out.) But, they handle and track well on improved dirt roads at well over speed limits.
I'd take these, hands down, over the Shinko 804/805s.
I've got Shinko 705s on front and back of my 17 AT manual .I've got 20 k on that rear tire which I think is astonishing. I go round corners but I don't go hard through the gears . They are ok in the wet as well.

#34 ·
DT, I hate to tell you this.........Dropping off the curb, leaving Starbucks, is not considered off road.
;)
It is if he crosses the grass between the sidewalk and the curb
And that 3 feet of grass is going to be wet and slick......Make sure there are plenty of cameras. It'll be okay if he gets his Missions mounted by then.
lol ... I do that now.

Oh, I am so ******* - the grass run (all yellow from the summer heat) is about 30 feet in depth. Truthfully though, my neck is red. Riding has been extremely hot lately.
wow DT... was it trash DT and his ROAD QUEEN day and I didn’t know it...

just kidding... Funny stuff tho...

#29 ·
Before I left the Post Office today, I dumped a half bottle of water down my jacket. People looked at me like I was nuts. It was 89°F (yes Arizona, but not THAT part of Arizona). Got out on the street and stood up.....got cooled down nicely.
******* ingenuity.
In southern Ontario, stepping outside in July no bottle water is needed. You will just start to perspire. It is pretty disgusting, but we certainly understand what your southern brotherhood must go through. Yeah, we just drink the bottle of water. :rolleyes:

Today it reached 108F with humidity. We might (??) finally get some relief this weekend with the potential of some widespread rain. Needless to say, parks rimming the north shore of Lake Ontario and Lake Erie are getting Covid-challenged.

#31 ·
Humid, 108° in Ontario......... You, sir, have my condolences.

My forecast shows 91°F for Sunday and Monday, cooling after that. Living at 7200' elevation has it's benefits. And drawbacks, I average over 8' of snow per winter.
We sometimes-to-rarely get 8' of snow, but Buffalo, NY I am sure every second year must feel like they get that. Reason: Lake-effect snow double-whammy from Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.

I feel fortunate that I can find opportunities to take the AT out for a winter ride.

#32 ·
Yeah, those lake effect storms look wicked.
When I get a snow storm, it's usually melted away in a week or two. Except for that two shadowed corners that stay iced over all winter, making for a challenging ride.
I thinking of getting a trailer so I can safely escape further south to get more winter riding in this year.

#39 ·
Yeah, we all have to take one for the team.

I have a bad feeling my time will come soon.

It's all in fun DT, I know you don't ride your AT to Starbucks. That's GS turf.
lol - I don't think I have ridden any bike to a Starbucks. However, I do know what you mean.

Off-Topic:

Donut/coffee shop: A long string of bikes parked up to the building. You have your HDs, BMW ADVs, various street bikes and crotch rockets. It is sometimes funny observing these groups (I would typically be in the "street" group).

You are right - the B'mers in full high-end gear sipping coffee (some still wearing their opened modular helmets) among themselves not looking anywhere but at themselves. They appear - I think? - to be happy.

The sport bike group appear to be having fun, but I am not sure as they sweat it up in their full head-to-toe leather jump suits. I mean, they can never stand upright with hockey pucks attached to their knees.

The street bike group are kinda all over the place. Upbeat and random, even trying to reach out to other groups who would mostly have nothing to do with them.

The HD group (yes, they get their own group), in full leather vests and less-than-half-size Nazi brain buckets sipping coffee and fixated on their hogs. Like zombies, staring, sipping, staring at steel and chrome. They aren't even talking to their tattooed bandanna comrades.

#38 ·
I have the full set on my’17 dct model I live in the coastal area of South Carolina and ride the forest roads with are gravel ,sand,mud and grass. I now have 1400 miles on the set and I can’t say enough good about these tires. I feel like the bike handles as good as my Xr650l does with full knobbies. They do seem to be getting a little noisier on the road as they wear but handle so much better in corners on road than stock tires. I other mention is DONT go super fast on road (95ish) they give a severe head shake that’s pretty scary

#40 ·
Jmc
I do not get any front shaking from this Mission tire, perfectly smooth to over 112mph. It has the least tracking issues of any 50/50 front tire I've tried. It is even stable enough for an occasional 100mph blast down a dirt road if the conditions are right. Might be worth rebalancing it or checking your bearings.

One thing I've experienced with the Corporate Coffee Cruisers.... If a lone AT rider with a dusty/muddy bike in mismatched gear rides by and waves, they do not return the wave. I almost got my feelings hurt!
You are spot on with your descriptions of them.

#42 ·
Depending on the other viewer, maybe you were mistaken as an offroad B'mer? That would indeed hurt the feelin's.

Alternatively, you are recognized as some ADV'er, possibly even an AT ADV'er, and they subconsciously feel undeserving, or unworthy to look, ... so down and away ... like, "Your majesty, sir." kinda thang.

I'm serious. o_O

#41 ·
That's the stereo type of Harley riders, unapproachable (if you don't know them).

I know most of the Harley riders around here, plenty approachable. Good thing too, cause there's a lot of them😁

#43 ·
I have not had any head shake issues with my Missions yet either well north of 95mph. I would be concerned that there is maybe something else going on?

As for Starbucks. I have to admit that I have ridden several different bikes to a Starbucks. Sometimes it is just an easily recognizable landmark where you can grab a cuppa while waiting for others to arrive. I prefer to support the local family owned shops, but I don't turn down a Starbucks :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

#44 ·
Eeeewwwwww coffee.. Now tea on the other hand :love:
I don’t mind a creamed vanilla coffee so sweet that it puts Kool-aid to shame tho...

#61 ·
This is why there shouldn’t be any government “hand outs” people just waste it on coffee.
When everyone knows gas for the AT takes all before the luxury’s in life like shelter, food, clothing...

just kidding:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.