Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a reasonable price on my K1300S in part-exchange

I'm now the owner of a new Black AT with manual gearbox -- awaiting a set of TT crashbars.

Couldn't be happier :wink2: The bike suits me well. I'm 5'9'' and 100+ kilograms.

I've made arrangements for the 1000 kilometer service just after the weekend .. so I know what I'll be doing for next 5 days :grin2:

When not riding, I work as a hospital-chiropractor and associate clinical professor, doing pain research, teaching future chiropractors and general managerial work in the department ... and I see the (very) occasional patient as well.

I'm very happily married to Lotte (who doesn't ride) and have been for 20 years. Our only child Erik is 17 and itching to get his A1 license so he can buy a 125cc bike and get started ... I'm urging him to consider a used Varadero 125, but I think he has his mind set on something more street-biased ... apri-derbi-duki kinda stuff.

In addition to riding bikes, in my spare time I mess around with Linux, a bit of light reading (mostly philosophy and science books) and growing a beard.

I also frequent the advrider forums using the same name: soren_dk

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

What was the reason for your trade? The 1300s is a monster of a bike. Anything else in your garage at the moment?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi DK,I presume the reason u changed bikes to the AT was so u wouldn't hv to diagnose yr own back pain?.i am on a waiting list to get one.is yrs an abs?wonder when new batch will start to arrive.let us no how u are getting on with AT.if yr spokes start to rust.will u get Honda boxes,heated grips or some after market?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just found the K1300S and the driving style that invariable came with was too hectic, too much hassle and not really as much fun as my old GSadv was. GS was a great bike but big and heavy and I thought the AT would be a good alternative ... I wasn't wrong.

Nothing else in my garage .. can't afford it. We pay 25% tax + 180% registration on vehicles .. a new base model AT (incl ABS with manual gearbox) costs the equivalent of 30.277 US$

Only after market stuff I've bough so far (but not received yet) is a engine and tank crashbars from Touratech.

·
Registered
479 Posts
we pay 25% tax + 180% registration on vehicles .. A new base model at (incl abs with manual gearbox) costs the equivalent of 30.277 us$
say whhhhhaaaattttttt!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thought Australia was bad. Book price her $18000.00 ( manual abs version) plus another $1100.00 to put on the road with Rego rental about $500.00 annually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts